just wordering what i should be expecting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi officer

Reaction score
ok so i have a new 1/8 mile best of 6.67 @104, the bike has kerker 4 to 1, stage 7 jets and metzler 880 rear tire, otherwise its stock. also i weigh 155. i enjoy running the bike but dont care to dog it out, i've ran it about 20 times now. how much more could i expect? i dont know what its potential is. thanks

ok so i have a new 1/8 mile best of 6.67 @104, the bike has kerker 4 to 1, stage 7 jets and metzler 880 rear tire, otherwise its stock. also i weigh 155. i enjoy running the bike but dont care to dog it out, i've ran it about 20 times now. how much more could i expect? i dont know what its potential is. thanks

Great numbers. :punk:

Need some more variables. for instance. If your making around 127rwhp and you and the bike weigh in at around 773ish your about spot on for your time and about a 10.50ish 1/4 et, in the upper 120's.

check out these calculators and you'll get an idea where your at:biglaugh:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3297&highlight=calculators

but dont care to dog it out, i've ran it about 20 times now. how much more could i expect?

If by how much more and don't care to dog it out, do you mean how much can you beat it up?

If so...

I've got over 120 or so passes on a 99 with 40,000 on it, it's still a daily driver, and I haven't broken anything yet.......

Just try not to miss many shifts :biglaugh:

Rusty

unfortunatly the track didnt print out the time slip, its hit a miss because i dont have a number on the bike, but i plan on doing it again soon. my best , that i have a slip for, 60ft was 1.71...

Pretty cool - a matching set : a '96 VMAX & a '96 Camaro. Post some pics - are they the same paint scheme ?

One thats a strong motor your running! 1.71 60 ft times with your weight is ok.
Not sure if you have your front end strapped down but here are my numbers of full potential of your bike on a good prepped track, and weather being optimal...

Orginal times 6.67 @ 104mph

Strap the front end down.
Next tire get the Shinko 170-80-15

With your weight max 60ft time
1.49 - 1.55
Which will put you at in the mid 6.40's @ 104 - 105....

thats what i want to hear, just want go it to full potential before any go fast parts. now i understand what straping down the front but any info on how far to compress the front end?

thats what i want to hear, just want go it to full potential before any go fast parts. now i understand what straping down the front but any info on how far to compress the front end?

OK this is what works for me and has results to get down in the high 1.58's - 1.63's on a street tire in stock trim.

Remove the chrome caps on the fork tubes.
Release (If any) pressure from the forks.
Use a ratchet strap to compress the front end down... trying to figure out how much I need to take some measurements. You want to compress your front end down quite a bit but not completly..
Once its compressed down I use a good qaulity tie strap as pictured. I purchsed mine from a motorcycle / jet ski dealer shop.
There is a picture here some where on the forum on how to route it.
Basically its routed between the bolts for the caliper mounting and comes up around the lower fork brace.
It works for me and I have ridden my VMAX this way on the street for a few years since it feels more stable at speeds 135+.. it will jar your teeth loose though if you have rough roads where you live.. Street riding in this set up isnt recommended and can be dangerous. I have never had any issues but you have to pay attention to the road and coming down from wheelies are hard on your nuts when strapped down tight..
Benifits:
Killer launches
No more high speed wobbles.
Looks better lower in the front.
Easier to do 200FT burn outs on the street.

Downside
Harsh ride on the street!
Hard landings from wheelies.
Where fork springs out prematurlly.

Attachments

• tie wrap.jpg
    tie wrap.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 5
I bought a set of real "purpose intended" straps from a Kawasaki dealer for about $20

The BOLT under the upper caliper mounting bolt.

I would not trust a normal strap with a hook inserted in some way into the caliper, but that's just me...The straps not the problem, I'd be worried about the hook coming loose somehow,

Plus with the right straps the pull is located in the right place so that it's reall easy to strap it down by yourself while sitting on the bike, and js=ust as easy to relax it so it doesn't fall over when you put the kickstand down and it's not leaned over enough.

I did have to use a grinder and relieve some of the area around the upper caliper bolt to allow a little extra room for the strap bracket, but it does not go past the normal O.D. of the fork...

Latest posts

Back