K&N Filters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbfrommn

Reaction score
Question on my air filters. I've determined they are K&N RU-2989's. But since the guy I bought them from didn't put them in he had no information on care or maintenence. I can probably figure out how to take them off and put them on but does anyone know if there is any special way you need to clean them?

Second question. I've seen lots of comments about removing the "Y" for better performance. What exactly is that? "Y" is too short for the search engine here to give results.

Thanks for any help :)

-Bobber

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 39
Get a K&N filter recharger kit at O'Reilly's or Advance Auto. It comes with a cleaner solution and oil. Directions are included.

The "Y" is the top part of a stock Vmax air box. Since you're running individual filters this doesn't apply to you.

Mark

My individual filters are in need of replacing, they are just beat up beyond repair.
Anyone know where i can buy new ones?

My individual filters are in need of replacing, they are just beat up beyond repair.
Anyone know where i can buy new ones?

I guess you may need to clarify this for me. It doesn't matter what they look like from an outward appearance. As long as they aren't torn and still clamp onto the carb there is no problem using them,

Sean

I guess you may need to clarify this for me. It doesn't matter what they look like from an outward appearance. As long as they aren't torn and still clamp onto the carb there is no problem using them,

Sean

They are dented and there are a couple of small holes in the screens.

I stopped at advance auto parts today and they checked the computer and said k&n was out of stock on them?:ummm:

i will check out that set on ebay i guess

They are up to $52.00 on ebay.
Advanced wants $144.00 for the set.
I'm going to bid unless anyone else from the forum is already bidding.
I didn't recognize any names.

Bill,The kawasaki z1 900 chrome top filters are cheaper.I drilled mine and put grometts in for my puke tank hoses.

Bill and Bob,

try www.denniskirk.com or even umotors, if your a vmoa member you get discount at umotors

just had a brain fart, i think morley can get k&n products

Latest posts

Back