Kerker header canister replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBee

Reaction score
New, old member here.

Been riding motorcycles for over 35 years.

I had a awesome show and go 1991 Vmax back in 2008.
I joined here back then and got some great info and advice.
Sold it during a weak moment when big $$$$ was offered for it but I knew I would have another someday.

Have gone through a bunch of bikes from Harleys to sport bikes and currently have been riding my classic V65 Magna.

Just picked up a super clean low mile 2002 and the thrill is back.:eusa_dance:
I'm back lurking and trying to refresh my Vmax knowledge and see what's new.

My new Vmax, like my other has the Kerker header on it and it sounds great.

The previous owner somehow dented and scuffed the canister so I would like to replace it.

Should I get another Kerker canister or are there better options?

I would like something that would be a direct bolt on replacement for what I currently have, not even sure what pipe size and lenght I should be looking for.:ummm:
Not looking for a high dollar exotic canister, but something that sounds and looks good and is affordable.

Thanks in advance for any info and advice.

Here's my new to me 2002 Vmax
KGrHqNHJEFDz49LG5NBQcsw8yD60_12_zpsd3d6f4c0.jpg

Here's my previous 1991 Vmax and my V65 Magna
vmax2.jpg

vmax.jpg

DSCF1867.jpg

Can't help you to much on exhaust. Kerker and marks exhaust seem to be the most popular here, but I can't answer about lengths or bolt on ability. Morley's Muscle (a board sponsor) sells kerker exhaust products, so he would be a good one to ask. Welcome back :eusa_dance: Bikes look Great

Nice machines! Love your Spyder! :biglaugh:

Can you drill the badge off, rotate the can till the scrapes are on the back, then pop rivet the can back on?

Attachments

• 100_2687.jpg
    100_2687.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 13
Nice machines! Love your Spyder! :biglaugh:

Can you drill the badge off, rotate the can till the scrapes are on the back, then pop rivet the can back on?

Good idea on rotating the canister but after checking the inside there is a dimple in the can to clear the shock, not sure if it's factory or not but it's there.

Bought the Spyder for the wife.

She refuses to ride on the back of a motorcycle(don't blame her) so this was the safest thing I could find her to ride.

She absolutely loves it and is ALWAYS ready to go riding when the weather is nice and never complains about spending money on our bikes.
I really enjoy riding with her and am planning on upgrading the wife to an RT touring model Spyder this spring.

A happy bike riding wife means an extremely happy life.:eusa_dance:

spyder1.jpg

The simple was put there when the bike fell over and damaged the canister. Morley muscle can get you another new replacement can. If riding with wifey, I suggest the small outlet opening. If running the Kerker full exhaust I'm curious if you have individual air filters (Stage 7) carb mod to go with it. Welcome back old man!

The simple was put there when the bike fell over and damaged the canister. Morley muscle can get you another new replacement can. If riding with wifey, I suggest the small outlet opening. If running the Kerker full exhaust I'm curious if you have individual air filters (Stage 7) carb mod to go with it. Welcome back old man!

If the bike fell over there isn't another mark anywhere on the bike, but who knows.:confused2:

The wife will never ride on the back of the Vmax...unless her bike breaks down while we're riding.

I just got the bike home a couple days ago so I haven't had the time to tinker with it yet but from what the previous owner told me it has a K&N drop in filter, not the seperate ones...my old Vmax had those.

I'll give Morley Muscle an PM, (sounds like a good vendor)

This old man has been under the hood and behind the wheel of some muscle a time or two. :)

Thanks.

6013703-magnolia4.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

5196832-passengerrear.jpg

Back