Last long ride of the year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
Went out today for what is probably the last long ride of the year with my wife. Put 150 miles on and had a blast!! Here are some pics from around the area. Unfortunately this is probably it for the season:tantrum:

Attachments

• Thanksgiving ride 001.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Thanksgiving ride 007.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 007.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Thanksgiving ride 008.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 008.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Thanksgiving ride 009.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 009.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Thanksgiving ride 010.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 010.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Thanksgiving ride 011.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 011.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Thanksgiving ride 012.jpg
    Thanksgiving ride 012.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 24
It looks real pretty in your part of the world. But you guys should come down here to Florida - we ride all winter and it's our best season! :clapping::eusa_dance:

:hijacked:

Just wondered - with your 19" rear wheel, upside down forks, solid motor mounts etc, do you ever still get any high speed wobble? :ummm:

Are you able to take high speed (85+mph) bends and go over bumps while banked over without any fear of a tank slapper? :ummm:

It looks real pretty in your part of the world. But you guys should come down here to Florida - we ride all winter and it's our best season! :clapping::eusa_dance:

:hijacked:

Just wondered - with your 18" rear wheel, upside down forks etc, do you ever still get any high speed wobble? :ummm:

Are you able to take high speed (85+mph) bends and go over bumps while banked over without any fear of a tank slapper? :ummm:

Jealous of you Florida folks, I was in the US Navy stationed in Mayport, Fl back in the 80's so know the nice weather you get. As to your questions, no to the high speed wobble, and I can take high speed corners no problem, bumps and all. We have an "aggresive" ride here in July and the road is twisty, nasty, and has a tendancy to take out its fair share of bikes in a year. I have been known to run this road at very high speed (180kmh +) with no issues, even before I put on the USD front end.

Jealous of you Florida folks, I was in the US Navy stationed in Mayport, Fl back in the 80's so know the nice weather you get. As to your questions, no to the high speed wobble, and I can take high speed corners no problem, bumps and all. We have an "aggresive" ride here in July and the road is twisty, nasty, and has a tendancy to take out its fair share of bikes in a year. I have been known to run this road at very high speed (180kmh +) with no issues, even before I put on the USD front end.

well i'm jealous of your riding style!!! :worthy::clapping:

LOL, I have spent a lot of $$$$ to cure the wobbles. 18" radials, USD front end, solid motor mounts, and Progressive 418 rear shocks. Bike is on rails now, think and it turns.

Back