leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assassinx1

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a fuel leak below the carbs in that housing thats in the center of the v of the engines heads does anyone know what this part is called ? It goes accross the engine from left to right. I assume its for cooling. But is this a coolant block? Leak could be comming above it. Also the bike only leaks when off.

I think you are describing the crankcase breather housing. There shouldn't be any fuel coming from there. Either coolant or oil (I had both leaking from it before I overhauled mine)

Found it today took all four carbs off. Before hand I ran the bike with a rag in between the breather and the carbs determaned it was comming from the carbs. Found fuel under the right front carb. I think the choke housing is leaking slightly. All the carbs are on m ybench now figured I would do a full cleaning and seal everything back up. Does anyone know where to get seals for these things I found a few places on ebay.

Don't buy from fleaBay for any carb seals/o-rings and other rubber parts - they are all (cheap) rubbish and a waste of $$

For these parts you must pay the price and get them from Yamaha - it's well worth it in the long run. Talk to Seam Morley here (one2dmax) he is most likely to have what you need.

Definitely....OEM on carb parts! And yes, Seam Morley has that stuff......actually, a lot of us call him Sean!

Sorry 'G', just couldn't resist!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Definitely....OEM on carb parts! And yes, Seam Morley has that stuff......actually, a lot of us call him Sean!

Sorry 'G', just couldn't resist!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Bwahahaha I totally missed that one! Seam Moreley even, hey!!

LOL :biglaugh::biglaugh: LOL

Back