LEDs inside the scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkyle187

Reaction score
I saw a pic of a max with LEDs in the scoops. will that person post a "how to"
for them or PM me? and post some pics?
Please Thank you got looking,,,Tony

Led lights install in the front of the scoops, I used them as running lights.
I tap in to the running light wire inside the head light. I was going to tap into
to ignition wire the key switch. The led light is about 1" long they make a shorter 1 to but was not in stock at the time. I grounded both led lights to the frame. And run both plus wires into the head light and tap the running light wire there. I had to drill bit a little groove in the plastic to make them fit.
If you move the lights over away from the frame like no need for a groove will fit with out it. Try to find the shorter led light. I drill a hole if I remember right 3/8" for the led light to fit in the front. You can choose the led light you like.

If it's best to have a shorter 1 that don't stick far in the scoop.

Attachments

• P1050049.jpg
    P1050049.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 176
  • P1050048.jpg
    P1050048.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 184
  • P1020906 (1).JPG
    P1020906 (1).JPG
    165 KB · Views: 170
  • P1020907 (1).JPG
    P1020907 (1).JPG
    160 KB · Views: 160
  • P1020905.JPG
    P1020905.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 162
  • vmax blue led light.jpg
    vmax blue led light.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 128
Yeah I had them, but ended up removing them as I felt they gave the cops a reason to pay attention to me. I tried using the led strips but couldn't get the light output good enough. What ended up working the best for me was a set of led clearance lights that are used on a semi, and are readily available at NAPA. They seemed to give off the best light, and I ran them off of a toggle switch powered from the headlight circuit. I think I did a write up on here somewhere, you should be able to do a search and find it......I will see if I can locate it and post a link for you.

uploadfromtaptalk1408494778755.jpg I just used some pod lights inside the scoops... And all around.

There are a bunch of options. Do you want the letters to light up or just the fronts?

What about the option for the letters ? Could you develop that as I'd be interested in lighting up just those with a "dark red" color.
No light coming out the fronts or at least a discreet red one too (low intensity).

I thought about putting these stickers on my scoops....

6496855297_f56f5fc0d0_z.jpg

jf-17_thunder_dsi_intake_01.jpg

Back