Local ad for "over priced" 2010 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek_Law

Reaction score
Hehe ... this cracked me up. I was looking at the local CL ads and this one for a 2010 max says within the ad (with my emphasis added):

This new Yamaha VMAX as been discounted way under dealer cost. MSRP was $19,995 and we now have it over priced at $15,999 which is over $3996 off.

Well, I do agree that it seems overpriced. I'm not sure how much they are going for, but what a relief to see such honesty from the dealer.

Here's the link: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcd/2916819348.html

Hehe ... this cracked me up. I was looking at the local CL ads and this one for a 2010 max says within the ad (with my emphasis added):

Well, I do agree that it seems overpriced. I'm not sure how much they are going for, but what a relief to see such honesty from the dealer.

Here's the link: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcd/2916819348.html

That's some funny $hit. Thanks for posting. They aren't selling. There's a 2010 that has been on my dealers floor for well over a year. They too have dropped the price to $15,999.

:bang head::bang head::bang head: I knew I should have held out for that extra $500.

:bang head::bang head::bang head: I knew I should have held out for that extra $500.

Haha ... well, its a couple of thousand miles away, so it would have cost about $800 to ship, but I know how you feel.

I bought a Busa a couple months back and after it was all signed sealed and delivered I started noticing similar ones for approx $1500.00 less. Ugh.

Oh well.

I find the pain wears off pretty quickly once I'm tearing up the roads.

Either the local dealer sold their 2009, or moved it into the "back room" since they got tired of sweeping dust off it.

Though when I last saw it last fall, they had gone down to a bargain $18,500 or something. For a 2 year leftover.

Somehow I think Yamaha keeps making the Vmax just to "keep the name alive". Can't possibly be making them any money. A lot of times with such flagship products their cost to manufacture is so high they end up selling at a loss, losing money on every sale.

Back