• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale Looking At Maybe Selling My 85' vMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patate657

Brownsville, tx
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think would be a fair price of my 1985 vMax. Little over 14,000 Miles. Bike rides good and very fast. Engine paint could use a touch up. Carbs just redone by DannyMax. New Shinko tires with less than 500 miles and Brand new 230 Cranking amp Battery. Still with the starter clanking every so often though. Put New Starter Clutches in twice.
'SOLD!'

Last edited:
Hard to say. It's obviously nowhere near factory. (Wrong color, wrong mirrors, windscreen, etc.)

But 14,000 miles is it on an '85? That's got to be worth something.

Hard to say. It's obviously nowhere near factory. (Wrong color, wrong mirrors, windscreen, etc.)

But 14,000 miles is it on an '85? That's got to be worth something.
Windshield is an oem from a 92'. All red body parts from the same 92'. Head is after aftermarket 8". Handle Bar Master cylinders new aftermarket.

Unless the bike is one of the first USA #'s, I really don't believe the value is there above a similar condition/mileage bike from any other year. It's worth what someone is willing to give you, after all. If you tried starting at $4K, I think you'll find out for yourself what it's really-worth. In some markets like NZ/Australia, there could be $ because it's a VMax, but I don't expect you're going to reap any financial windfall because it's a '85. Also, your other-year/aftermarket replacement parts detract from any first-year aura such a bike may have, but to someone who wants a relatively low-miles, decent appearing bike, they may make it a better candidate for a sale than a poor-condition set of original tins/replacement aftermarket parts.

Last edited:
I'm on a See-saw between letting go this one or my v65 magna. Maybe nether. Also I don't take advantage of people or friends when selling bikes or parts. I think you've see my attitude with selling.
My instinct was to start at $3,000 and work from there.....🤷‍♂️

I'm on a See-saw between letting go this one or my v65 magna. Maybe nether. Also I don't take advantage of people or friends when selling bikes or parts. I think you've see my attitude with selling.
My instinct was to start at $3,000 and work from there.....🤷‍♂️
Sleep on it till spring time, hot market for both by then.

The only things different on the Magna is the aftermarket Master cylinders and the windshield
. View attachment 82551
My cousin has the same yr and color (next to my bike) bone stock and trouble free, well exept for that spare tank issue LOL. Otherwise when Im tearing into my Vmax for one thing or other he's out riding, damn Honda....
20161022_155629.jpg

Back