Machining rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can be trued at a compentent machine shop but there is not much material to play with. In fact the 92 and older rotors (or the rears on all years) should probably not be turned at all.

Unless yours is warped there is no need to turn them. Most groves in the rotor will not hurt how well they function other then new pads may take a bit longer to seat to the surface for full contact.

Sean

The catch is these are chrome rotors off ebay. I assumed the rotor blades would be left alone but they were chromed as well (although maybe not triple chromed). I assume this is a no no and I wanted to see if I could get the chrome off. These are a temporary fix until I get a replacement rotor from overseas (already on the way)

My chromed rotors are wearing off but the grip is considerably reduced during that timeframe. Machining the chrome off should be a very simple process (by the way - all chrome is "Surface chrome" and if it is that thin the rest of the chrome may not hold up well.

Back