Magnacharger for vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
777, where did you put the R/R?
Underneath the tank cover , left side in front of my 4 barrel carb.I made a small bracket and ran all my wires up there using 10 gauge wire and heat shrinked them in 1 loom.:eusa_dance:

well I am kinda curious how my setup will be , this time around .
I choose a 1300 cc engine with 9 to 1 comp instead of 8;6;1 . (thx to sean) having the block available)
kerker 4 2 1 pipe with 2.5 comp baffle
dyna 3000 unit
dyna coils
nology hot wires
R1 rotors \
Busa calipers and master cylinder
solid mounts
supercharger
this will be the new setup soon.

Old setup was 1200 cc
8;6;1 comp
stock ignition
stock wires
stock header with kerker slip ons
barrett clutch
stock brakes
supercharger

Well your going to have plenty of ignition.

The Kerker header should help too.

What kind of boost are you going to run?

what year is your charged vmax, how much time do you think you took off 0-60, stock is rumored to be 3.9

0-60 is probably worse! Can you say tire spin or massive wheelies! By the way, how is the new setup running?

Sean

I heard ther were some problems with the Magnacharger design, overheating motors and blowing them up.

So how has this worked out for you?

Have you had any issues?

blown motor yet?

have you installed an A/F ratio gauge to see if the mixture is steady from the low end to the top?

Any dyno numbers?

Thanks

Hell Yeah !! Can Ya Say "Soupa Charger with a 60HP Shot Of Nitrous"

I think that may run with them Booosa's for awhile anyway if you can ride it

sorry so long between replies had some personal issues arise , the setup runs perfect sean thx again for the help. yes tire spin is a issue and wheelies are to so wheelie bars and slick coming soon .

Thanks for the business. Glad to hear it is all running well!

Sean

I heard ther were some problems with the Magnacharger design, overheating motors and blowing them up.

So how has this worked out for you?

Have you had any issues?

blown motor yet?

have you installed an A/F ratio gauge to see if the mixture is steady from the low end to the top?

Any dyno numbers?

Thanks
yeah 1 bownb engine first time around , but only because i was a cheap ass, 2nd time i got with sean for advice for better parts , since then over 10,000 hard miles no problems what so ever , thx for your replies, I got it dynoed once but # was low not sure how accurate , it was a free dyno posted 139 rwhp at 8000 that is all i let him turn the engine so dunno if more horses there in the last 2000 unused rpm or not . ? any ideas on that?

it was a free dyno posted 139 rwhp at 8000 that is all i let him turn the engine so dunno if more horses there in the last 2000 unused rpm or not . ? any ideas on that?

I'd stay outa there for reliability, at 8k you're flying anyway in 5th gear lol :clapping::punk:

the blower should make more the higher you push it. It should handle 9.5-10K without too many problems.

I would expect a bit higher numbers - maybe into the high 140's if not into the 150's. You may need to double check your jetting too which a dyno with A/F reading will be best for that.

Sean

Jeff K
Do you have contact info for Bill Bushling at Magnacharger, i.e., phone, email, physical address???? Thanks in advance

if anyone is still interested my buddy has this same kit on his 86 except he had pcw racing out of new york build the motor and dyno tune it for him it made 186 rwhp and he has the chain drive with a 240 tire also its got stock rods he ran out of money or just cheaped out and passed on the corrello rods. just incase any one was still interested. by the way as you all can imagine its a blast to ride.

We had one we did some trans work on that PCW had built. Sounds like a similar bike?? Orange with 1428 Engine, Big Tire (I want to say 280) and Magnacharged.

Sean

no that ones not his sounds similar. his is a burnt orange but its not the 1428 motor i beleve his is a stock bore and his trans hasn't blown up yet but his name is sean and his bike is featured on pcw's web site ( pcwracing.net ) under customers bike's.

This is totally badass. I want nothing to do with it but I'm glad somebody's doing it!

Well done Sir

Back