Manual Fan Switch location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
OK I've searched and read and searched again, and I think I know about every thing I need to about the manual fan switch, some of you guys have installed on your bikes, my question is this.....has any one installed the switch itself in the "blank" spot on temp, RPM, light(s) cluster...I think if you used a flat switch instead of a toggle and put it the sixth (blank) light space it would/could look allmost stock....anyone done this or tried it is there some reason it wouldn't work/fit???

maybe even use a switch that lights up when it in the on possition......

If anyone has installed it there please post up some pics..

OK I've searched and read and searched again, and I think I know about every thing I need to about the manual fan switch, some of you guys have installed on your bikes, my question is this.....has any one installed the switch itself in the "blank" spot on temp, RPM, light(s) cluster...I think if you used a flat switch instead of a toggle and put it the sixth (blank) light space it would/could look allmost stock....anyone done this or tried it is there some reason it wouldn't work/fit???

maybe even use a switch that lights up when it in the on possition......

If anyone has installed it there please post up some pics..

I looked around a while ago for a button/switch that would fit that spot but couldn't find anyting. I then priced one out to make one and forgot about that too! If you find one that fits, let us know.

Seems like a good for spot if there is enough room...hope it works for ya and let us know if/when you get it done. I would also like to see it. :drool:

This is the location I put my T-boost miniature toggle switch. That is one tight fit with no room to spare, but possible.

Attachments

• OPGauge.jpg
    OPGauge.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 66
I mounted mine right in the middle of the black plastic piece by the ignition key.On the right side.

This is the location I put my T-boost miniature toggle switch. That is one tight fit with no room to spare, but possible.
lol was just thinking that's where I want to mount mine when I get that done. Would mke it easier to switch over to it when riding.

would this one work???...I'm not sure how they do their measurements, or how to measure the little "blank" whole on the panel though

desciption.....AUTOMOTIVE
3-12VDC LED
20a 125v Spade Terminals
ROUND 0.50inch Mounting Hole.
Head ~1.25"x0.75"

and picture(s)..

Attachments

• switch one.jpg
    switch one.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 10
  • switch two.jpg
    switch two.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 11
would this one work???...I'm not sure how they do their measurements, or how to measure the little "blank" whole on the panel though

desciption.....AUTOMOTIVE
3-12VDC LED
20a 125v Spade Terminals
ROUND 0.50inch Mounting Hole.
Head ~1.25"x0.75"

and picture(s)..

Electrically it is fine, I dont know about how you are wanting to mount it, you would have to measure and figure that out.

Back