Master Cylinder Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciofm

Reaction score
Need some advice on Clutch Master Cylinder leak.

After more than 2 years without starting my 1993 Vmax, I finally had the time to put it to work. I was surprised how easy it started after so long, maybe because I've done carbs work before stop using it.

Since then, I have been riding a lot. The bike has now 15K original miles.

Since all hydraulics were frozen, I've changed the clutch Master Cylinder kit. After about 1,000 miles, I noted that I had a leaking on the slave. So I changed the repair kit. While trying to bleed the system, the master cylinder started to leak as well.

I disassembled it, and could not find anything wrong with the parts. Assembled it again and went for a ride.

Leak still going on. Cylinder walls also looks clean, no damages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

OEM master cyl's are cheap, relatively speaking. Just replace it and keep riding. See you on the streets of FL.

If that's the original 1993 'guts,' nothing lasts forever. Did you try to replace the piston/seals? I had a similar experience, where rebuilding the unit didn't solve the problem, but a new one (a new master cyl) surely did!

I've rebuilt many master cyl's over the years, but when the replacement new assembled units aren't that much more expensive, I just buy new, and save the rebuild time, and the frustration.

ronayres.net:

Master Cylinder Assembly

36Y-25850-01-00 3HE-2583T-01-00

$116.24

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/500434c0f8700209bc78bb5c/front-master-cylinder-1

Thanks for your reply. Just saw it.
A mechanic checked the cylinder and advised me to try another repair since there is no damages on it. He thinks that the excessive use when trying to bleed has damage the seal.
Since it is on its way, let me try changing the repair kit. If it doesn't work I'll go for the new cylinder.

I wish I could put some more money on this bike, I've had it since 1997, and after almost 3 years without riding it, it needed one week to fall in love to it again. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back