Master rebuild.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I have a few manuals. Just wondering if someone knows of a link to a more detailed rebuild.

Pretty simple?

Got the clymer..

The master piston wont come out even with some hard tugging. Yes the retaining ring has been removed

Any tips so I dont damage anything?

Do any venders offer a rebuilt exchange? Chromed?

Supposed to use air pressure to remove. Blow compressed air into the opening where the brake hose connects. Any other way likely to cause damage. Doesn't the Clymer manual show this? The factory manual does.

Put a towel over the end of that and point it downrange before putting air pressure in. If it frees up, it's gonna come out like a bullet, a large fast bullet. You might try a little PB Blaster down the brake line fitting and let it sit for a little bit then warm it up with a heat gun. Then the air gun will blow it right out.

Supposed to use air pressure to remove. Blow compressed air into the opening where the brake hose connects. Any other way likely to cause damage. Doesn't the Clymer manual show this? The factory manual does.

I should have thought of that myself:ummm: no the clymer only says "remove"

Still didnt shoot it out though.:bang head:

I soaked it in PB blaster all night. But in hindsight, maybe swelled the piston. Its soaking in denatured right now again. Will try with more air pressure friday at work.

Any suggestions where to buy the rebuild kit when I get it apart?

It must really be stuck! Just use care as Firewrench said.

I would buy the factory kit from Gary McCoy at Mondak.

It must really be stuck! Just use care as Firewrench said.

I would buy the factory kit from Gary McCoy at Mondak.

Thanks. Yup.. Just as stuck as the carb diaphagms Iv been soaking for the last month seems like. I think this is my bikes way of saying... " Dont ever neglect me AGAIN"

You know, it might be time for a new master cylinder. I got one for my clutch for 100 bucks at the local dealer. I don't think it's the rubber swelling that's stopping it, more likely the corrosion between the cyl and piston, ergo the pb blaster to free it up. If it's that far gone, I'd be looking for a replacement, maybe an R1 for those new calipers I'm sure you're thinking about installing.

Might have to. I tried with 100 psi and nothing. But I wont go to the stealership.

Remember Gary McCoy @ Mondak Motorsports. His deals piss all over any stealers you may talk to, and he's a nice guy to boot. Just mention you're from here and you're on.

Yes. He sent me a email and I need to call him. Is he cool with small orders? I need other things but I hate getting ahead of myself.

Latest posts

Back