Megadeth1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
I just want some advice on what brand stickier tires that fit stock wheels,have 07 VMAX. A hair larger would be nice as well. This is my first Max. Thank you all, Im a new member. Jim Sarasota Fl. PS we have lots of rain.:ummm:

I just want some advice on what brand stickier tires that fit stock wheels,have 07 VMAX. A hair larger would be nice as well. This is my first Max. Thank you all, Im a new member. Jim Sarasota Fl. PS we have lots of rain.:ummm:
Welcome to the forum!, great choice on the year of your Vmax
Folks seem to like the Shinko and the Metzeler me880 tires in 170/80-15 flavor

Welcome to the collective Jim. Good guys, good info here.
ps we have lots of snow!:biglaugh::snow::biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum!, great choice on the year of your Vmax
Folks seem to like the Shinko and the Metzeler me880 tires in 170/80-15 flavor

The Stickest tire for the stock VMAX rim is the Shinko 170-80-15..(Ihave set my fastest 60FT holeshot times on the shinko over the ME880) no its not the widest tire a 180-70-15 will work on the VMAX wheel but this tire actully leaves a skinnier foot print due to the 3.5 wide wheel causing the sidewall to fold in and also the bike handles worse then a VMAX does in its orginal stance.
Lot of people are saying the best price on this tire is at bikebandit.com

The Stickest tire for the stock VMAX rim is the Shinko 170-80-15..(Ihave set my fastest 60FT holeshot times on the shinko over the ME880) no its not the widest tire a 180-70-15 will work on the VMAX wheel but this tire actully leaves a skinnier foot print due to the 3.5 wide wheel causing the sidewall to fold in and also the bike handles worse then a VMAX does in its orginal stance.
Lot of people are saying the best price on this tire is at bikebandit.com

+1 on bike bandit... heard great things on shinko's and have them on my bike but don't even have 1 mile on them yet...

it seems that people also like the ME880's in the same size as the shinko's...

+1 on bike bandit... heard great things on shinko's and have them on my bike but don't even have 1 mile on them yet...

it seems that people also like the ME880's in the same size as the shinko's...
Welcome to the site Jim! Lots of good people here with helpful info. Enjoy!
My first experience with Bike Bandit ordering tires was not a good one, but in the end it really wasn't their fault, I just couldn't get in touch with them. I never did get what I ordered(UPS lost the tire) and once I had them on the line I canceled the order. I got my money back in about 8 days I think. They now have a phone number on their web page that wasn't there before.
I have since ordered stuff from them (tire and apparel) and they were low priced, had quick shipping and a overall good purchasing experience. I ran the shinko 170/80 - 15 rear tire for about 2 k during the last couple months of the season and it worked beautifully. I just had the front shinko mounted and now waiting until the snow clears to try it out.

Thank you guys for your advice on the tires! This is a great site. Jim -Sarasota fl.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back