Michigan Thumb ride 9/22/13

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
We're doing an "East Side / Michigan Thumb" ride this coming Sunday Sept 22 and welcome any of the area VMaxers to join us if you can.

Sunday looks like it will be a GREAT Michigan day to ride :biglaugh: and Jim S (jims-max) will be leading this ride. Plans are to meet around 10am at Scott's Quick Stop on the NW corner of M53 / M46. Going to cruise the Lake Huron shoreline from Port Sanilac north to the "thumb" and beyond thru the afternoon.

Probably a little far for some of you West Side Hooligans ..... but wanted to let you know your always welcome for a ride on the east side too !! :punk:

Thanks for the invite, it would be fun to check out the east side sometime, have plans for the 22nd already tho...........I'm still on for the Travers ride!.....................Tom.

We're doing an "East Side / Michigan Thumb" ride this coming Sunday Sept 22 and welcome any of the area VMaxers to join us if you can.

Sunday looks like it will be a GREAT Michigan day to ride :biglaugh: and Jim S (jims-max) will be leading this ride. Plans are to meet around 10am at Scott's Quick Stop on the NW corner of M53 / M46. Going to cruise the Lake Huron shoreline from Port Sanilac north to the "thumb" and beyond thru the afternoon.

Probably a little far for some of you West Side Hooligans ..... but wanted to let you know your always welcome for a ride on the east side too !! :punk:
Absolutely beautiful area to ride! Just two weeks ago, I did the east coast, from Port Salinac northwards on my way to the "U.P." Good weather and calm seas...er, lake....while I was there (had to keep remembering that I wasn't at home on the Atlantic, only thing missing was the salt air smell). Nice campgrounds, great beaches.
I liked the way the resort towns do up their bars and restaurants with a Caribbean theme - even saw some million dollar homes with fake palm trees on the lawn. Groovy!
One thing that puzzled me - all the watercraft up in the air, on those stilt contraptions. I got several different explanations. What's yours, being a local?
Cheers!

Attachments

• Port Salinac, Mich.jpg
    Port Salinac, Mich.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 19
  • east Mich.town.jpg
    east Mich.town.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Stilt contraptions, lake Huron.jpg
    Stilt contraptions, lake Huron.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 17
  • A yooper, and a wanna-be yooper.jpg
    A yooper, and a wanna-be yooper.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 21
I will sure try to meet up with you guys... I've only got in on one ride this whole year!

Now if I can remember where that key is...

Absolutely beautiful area to ride! Just two weeks ago, I did the east coast, from Port Salinac northwards on my way to the "U.P." Good weather and calm seas...er, lake....while I was there (had to keep remembering that I wasn't at home on the Atlantic, only thing missing was the salt air smell). Nice campgrounds, great beaches.
I liked the way the resort towns do up their bars and restaurants with a Caribbean theme - even saw some million dollar homes with fake palm trees on the lawn. Groovy!
One thing that puzzled me - all the watercraft up in the air, on those stilt contraptions. I got several different explanations. What's yours, being a local?
Cheers!

Nice pics! I can identify each of them, it looks like you had a great ride! The elevated boat docks usually belong to the home the are directly in front of and keep your boat out of the water and safe while not in use during the summer seasons so you don't have to buy a slip at the nearest marina. They originally were not that tall, the water level has dropped a good eight feet or better in the last thirty years.

Still on ... might be a little cool to start with, but expecting sunshine all day ! :eusa_dance:

Thanks Marty for the call letting me know you can't make this ride. Next time !

Cgswss, plans are to still meet around 10am at Scott's Quick Stop on the NW corner of M53 / M46. While we're waiting for you, Jim and I will be checking / adjusting the carb sync on his bike before we head out. Most likely having a hot cup of coffee too !! :icon_jook:

Had a great ride; aside from a little rain and some cooler temps, thanks for riding over and tooling around my neck of the woods guys. I'm looking forward to the next ride already! and Jeff can you throw that pic of our bikes up that you took, I wouldn't mind having a copy.

Had a great time guys- thanks for letting me tag along.

Next time I'll bring oil, fluids, plugs, and filters, so Jeff can work on my bike too! <BMFG>

I just wish we had done this in like May so we had a bunch more rids in front of us!

Thanks Jim and Craig for the great day of riding.
Definately need to ride this roads again... but go north first !!! :rofl_200:

Wasn't as warm and dry as forecasted.... but at least there wasn't any :snow:

Here's a pic of our bikes during a stop near Port Hope.

Attachments

• Thumb Ride 22Sept13.jpg
    Thumb Ride 22Sept13.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
Back