Michigan Traverse City ride.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
Michigan Traverse City ride 2011.

I set the date for the lake shore to Traverse city ride, if you rode with us last year you know how nice of a ride it was, if you missed it last year here is your chance to join this years ride. The more Vmaxes we can get the better, but other bikes are welcome as well. Our one day round trip took us over 400 miles last year hugging the the shore line of lake MI and passing by numerous inland lakes. Riding the twisty scenic M22 through all the small towns is worth doing the ride just by it's self.

Date - Saturday August 13

Time - 8AM ( Breakfast )

Ride - 9AM sharp!

Place - Bob Evens restaurant ( Same as last year )

Location - Corner of US-31 & M46 ( Apple AVE )

Rain date - Sunday August 21

Attachments

• traverse city ride 007.jpg
    traverse city ride 007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 17
  • traverse city ride 014.jpg
    traverse city ride 014.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16
  • traverse city ride 012.jpg
    traverse city ride 012.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 15
I also have a 24' camper I can park in my drive way if a couple of people would rather come in the night before, or stay the night after the ride to help ease the pain of the long ride and avoid motel cost. It has hot water and air condition, your more then welcome to use it just let me know. It has a queen bed in the front and 2 bunks in the rear.

Last edited:
Sounds good Chuck, looking foreward to riding this event again!..........I'll probally have a buddy join us on the V-65 again.......................Tom.

Nice! :eusa_dance: I should be able to make it.....hope we get a nice day weather wise. Count me in!!!

Best regards, VMaxChuck

I can't commit just yet. Thanks for the PM notification and invite; I'll let you guys know one way or the other.

Any hotel recommendations for the area? I would have to ride up on Friday in order to make the scheduled 9am liftoff.

Scott

I can't commit just yet. Thanks for the PM notification and invite; I'll let you guys know one way or the other.

Any hotel recommendations for the area? I would have to ride up on Friday in order to make the scheduled 9am liftoff.

Scott
I will have my camper available as stated in the second post if you need it. There are plenty motels in my area as well, if you need any info let me know.

I will have my camper available as stated in the second post if you need it. There are plenty motels in my area as well, if you need any info let me know.

Thanks, but I probably wouldn't be able to get up there until late Friday night, so a hotel would probably be more practical. If/when I'm able to confirm joining the ride I will PM you for some hotel suggestions. Thanks again for the offer and the invite.

Scott

Damn... I'm not going to be able to make it either. I've got a friend that is celebrating her 40th b-day on Friday night and I also need to be back in Battle Creek by 5-6pm so I can make it to the "Cruise the Gut" car show at 7pm Saturday night. If I wasn't 3+ hours away in B.C. I could squeeze in at least a partial ride with you guys... just not enough time that weekend. Maybe the next one.

Scott

Re: Michigan Traverse City ride 2011.

Hello Chuck,
Some my wife just brought to my attention the fact that the day of your upcoming ride, My wife is in her best friends wedding. So now I'm torn, ride the max or ridemy wife (o; I would still like to get over your way and do some kind of run on another date.
Take care andhope all ride safe and without problems.

Bummer Brian, we just can't ssem to hook up this year...............:confused2:
I'm still working on a plan Tom! My brothers gun club in Sparta has a Turkey Shoot on the 17th of September and I mad plans to be there either the week prior or the week after. I would like to take in a few rides with you, Chuck and anyone else that's in the area. :punk:

Let us know when you will be in town and we can plan a few outings!.................:biglaugh:.................I will most likely be 2 up on the Travers ride as I asked my daughter if she wanted to join me for the day....................Tom.

Last edited:
Re: Michigan Traverse City ride 2011.

Hello Chuck,
Some my wife just brought to my attention the fact that the day of your upcoming ride, My wife is in her best friends wedding. So now I'm torn, ride the max or ridemy wife (o; I would still like to get over your way and do some kind of run on another date.
Take care andhope all ride safe and without problems.

Well that's an easy one, you have all year to ride the wife but time is limited to ride the Vmax :biglaugh:

Sorry Chuck,But the same damn thing goes for me! Flipping wedding!! :bang head: Next year dude! Sounds like a blast.

Hey gang, due to work scheduling the Travers ride has been moved out to the 21st of Aug which is a sunday, I hope this doesn't mess up those who planned on making it but I hope those who couldn't get away on the 13th can make it afterall, looking foreward to putting down some miles with everyone!...............Tom.

Rescheduling to Aug 21st should work better for me; had in-law family coming to visit on the 13th .... wife :damn angry: didn't like that I was trying to escape for the day !! Need to check the social calendar on Monday to verify no conflicts with this new ride date, but think it looks good. Last yrs ride was FANTASTIC ! Looking forward to this one too. :punk:

Chuck or Tom, you might want to start another post titled "RESCHEDULED Michigan Traverse City ride" to catch those that responded that they couldn't make the original ride date due to conflicts and aren't checking this post anymore.

Back