Miss under acceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HammerZR-1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Idled good after warmup and under acceleration on a ride last weekend, but Max was running ragged at cruise. Was going to do the Shotgun and noticed the carbs weren't seated in the boots and the clamps were loose so took care of that. It ran better, but as I was headed home and got on it, it started missing under acceleration. I have half a bottle of Seafoam in it right now and will run it a few more miles. Hopefully it will clear up. If not what do you all suggest in the way of troubleshooting from here. I do have access to a good mechanic too.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,
Idled good after warmup and under acceleration on a ride last weekend, but Max was running ragged at cruise. Was going to do the Shotgun and noticed the carbs weren't seated in the boots and the clamps were loose so took care of that. It ran better, but as I was headed home and got on it, it started missing under acceleration. I have half a bottle of Seafoam in it right now and will run it a few more miles. Hopefully it will clear up. If not what do you all suggest in the way of troubleshooting from here. I do have access to a good mechanic too.
Thanks in advance.

Describe the miss. Is it more of a stumble type of miss or does it feel like somthing is getting shut off?

Describe the miss. Is it more of a stumble type of miss or does it feel like somthing is getting shut off?

I would say it is a stumble miss. It also doesn't hit on all four smoothly when it is first started, kinda pops through the right bank. I am checking the plugs today if those look OK I'll do the shotgun.

Back