Missing clamp...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
I have managed to get the old exhaust off the bike, and I went to put the new exhaust on. This is when I discovered that I am missing one of the four exhaust clamps.

Not a problem, right? I can just use one of the clamps from the stock exhaust!

Wrong... they seem to be tack welded to the exhaust.

So, I have what I need to bolt the exhaust to the bike, except for that ONE exhaust clamp.

Ok, how bad would it be to run the bike with that one pipe not clamped down. It's not like the muffler will just fall off, but I would hate to risk things such as valves, ect.

DAMNIT!!! I WANT TO RIDE!!!
twilightoops.png

Go to the local speed shop and get a correctly-sized barrel-bolt clamp, superior circumferential pressure when compared to a lowly hose clamp. They don't have much of an adjustment range, so you need to make sure of the size you need. Measure the O.D., of-course, of the pipe connection you need to make.

images

I have managed to get the old exhaust off the bike, and I went to put the new exhaust on. This is when I discovered that I am missing one of the four exhaust clamps.

Not a problem, right? I can just use one of the clamps from the stock exhaust!

Wrong... they seem to be tack welded to the exhaust.

So, I have what I need to bolt the exhaust to the bike, except for that ONE exhaust clamp.

Ok, how bad would it be to run the bike with that one pipe not clamped down. It's not like the muffler will just fall off, but I would hate to risk things such as valves, ect.

DAMNIT!!! I WANT TO RIDE!!!
twilightoops.png

Yeah... I will head to Starting Line tomorrow with one of the mufflers, and see if they have what I need.

If not, I can check the auto parts stores, and maybe I'll find something there

Back