Motion Pro ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1

Reaction score
Mercury model, restrictors are in place closest to tool, my readings are very jumpy, will postioning the restrictors closer to carbs steady the readings?

Thanks, Tom

Good Morning Tom...

My MP merc-stick came with barely enough tubing to make a good connection, so I added right at 36" extra to each line via some straight couplings and sealed with elec tape...

Then hang the stick well above the bike on whatever you have available in your garage/work area...I use a handle on an upper storage cab, connect your lines, and fire it up... Do NOT rev it much, or you'll suck merc into the intakes...keep the idle @ about 1k, maybe a little more, but not less....

The merc will 'bounce' with the cycling of the cyls... The object is to get them to arrive as close as possible at the same line on the scale, with each 'up' bounce... Use the proper sequence to calibrate... 1 to 2, then 3-4, then 4-2 (as I remember)...someone please correct me if I'm wrong there... Very small movements of the screws are all that's necessary to make changes... "blip" your throttle in between each adjustment you make...

The 'restrictors' in the lines should be placed in the lines closest to where they attach to the stick...

Once you figure it out, it all comes easy after that...

Good Luck!

Philthy

Good Morning Tom...

My MP merc-stick came with barely enough tubing to make a good connection, so I added right at 36" extra to each line via some straight couplings and sealed with elec tape...

Then hang the stick well above the bike on whatever you have available in your garage/work area...I use a handle on an upper storage cab, connect your lines, and fire it up... Do NOT rev it much, or you'll suck merc into the intakes...keep the idle @ about 1k, maybe a little more, but not less....

The merc will 'bounce' with the cycling of the cyls... The object is to get them to arrive as close as possible at the same line on the scale, with each 'up' bounce... Use the proper sequence to calibrate... 1 to 2, then 3-4, then 4-2 (as I remember)...someone please correct me if I'm wrong there... Very small movements of the screws are all that's necessary to make changes... "blip" your throttle in between each adjustment you make...

The 'restrictors' in the lines should be placed in the lines closest to where they attach to the stick...

Once you figure it out, it all comes easy after that...

Good Luck!

Philthy

Phil--I think it's 1 to 2, 3 to 4 then 3 & 4 to 1 & 2.

dan

I made my own used vacuum/pressure gauges so I could do all 4 at once. Restrictors REALLY helped make it easy.

Thanks everyone for the input, what i ended up doing was to bump my idle up to around 2000 to get a more steady vacum flow, 1000 the merc was real (lopey) in the tubes, got all 4 pretty much dead even then brought idle back down to 1100 and tweaked them in. Carbs were definitely out of sync, maybe this caused the initial problem at 1000? Running it up to 2000 smoothed things out a bit?

I did move the restricers to the manifolds it definitely made an improvement.

Latest posts

Back