motorcycle hand wind deflectors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Does anybody use something like this ?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28090/i/national-cycle-hand-deflectors

I don't ride much in cold weather but I still like to take quick rides to fluids flowing (plus it's fun). While I can bundle up my fingers still get cold. I have winter leather gloves but after 20 mins in 40 degree weather they start to get numb. I don't want to invest in heated gear for my short rides. Let me know your thoughts.

Doug

never used those exact one's but I had something similar on my DRZ and they defiantly made a difference, I see no reason why those wouldn't work for what you want

I had the exact deflectors on my Max untill I went to bar end mirrors. Then put them on the Valkyrie where they really help ALOT.
Also painted them black from the INSIDE. Doesn't scratch and looks like clear coat.

Lew L

being from northern Canada, I can tell you it does help. I had a pair on my Honda Magna and it made a huge difference on the open highway. Not so much at low speeds. I also had lower leg Deflectors and they were a Life Saver.
I do run a Heated vest & chaps- you have to if you want extra ridding time up here.

My frozen hands have asked me for something like that more than once. I do have plug in First Gear gloves, but dislike all the wiring and tethering to the bike. They work though and are nice gloves even when not plugged in.

I had the deflectors on my KLR, and toured in crappy weather, loved em but also had heated grips, Maxine will get heated grips to.

The ones in the pic look awkward and busy and they are not cheap. May I recommend Gerbing gloves as a more effective and attractive alternative . I used both on my Triumph (most toured on bike) and it worked very well, I crossed states and spent entire days with them, bitterly cold wet soupy days. Easy install/uninstall. You can snag a set off Ebay for around $50-75. Either way is better than bare knuckles in the freeze.

Does anybody use something like this ?

I don't want to invest in heated gear for my short rides. Let me know your thoughts.

Doug

Menards sells battery powered (9v) heated snowmobile gloves for about $20. Not sure on the quality, but they seemed warm even without the battery. I'm sure for occasional use they would be great.

Back