Motorcycle jack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: got a question

might be toughto do motor mounts with one of those jacks. u gotta fit usually 2 jacks under the bike as well as holdint it off the ground...

if you have a welder. i welded a bolt to each of my jack stands that fits in the holes where the mufflers bolt on. i also straped my handle bars to the ceiling. works really good for changing motor mounts. still need a jack to lift the bike to get it on jack stands with this set up you have full access to remove swing arm and get underneath motor.

if you have a welder. i welded a bolt to each of my jack stands that fits in the holes where the mufflers bolt on. i also straped my handle bars to the ceiling. works really good for changing motor mounts. still need a jack to lift the bike to get it on jack stands with this set up you have full access to remove swing arm and get underneath motor.

Now that is a frickin good idea. We have a couple welders at the shop and a bunch of jack stand laying around. I think I will give this a shot.

Thanks Guys

Solid motor mounts would be a real PITA to do with one of those specialized bike jacks.

When you are doing the left rear mount you end up needing to really wrench the motor around and I think the jack would be in the way.

The jackstand idea with the bolt for the muffler hole sounds like a great idea. It is nearly the same concept at the swing arm jacks for the sport bikes.

with the jackstand weld the bolt so you can put a nut on the inside so it won't slip off.

Latest posts

Back