Motorcycle lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the blue jack had the frame forks of this jack it would be the idea set up, and on a screw to adjust the height of the fork to help balance the bike. And I am betting that those frame forks could be made if you had welder or a friend that could weld

Attachments

• redjack.jpg
    redjack.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 6
I have a buddy who is damn good at pretty much anything that has a motor in it, but hes not so much of a welder.

I would love to get the lift you showed with the frame forks, sadly I simply havent seen anything like that, outside the link I posted

Hey Footnote the same jack in the ebay listing at harbor freight plus a few others http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=motorcycle+lift
If you have a problem with at least you have a store to back up what you bought.
I know it cost more but I am liking this one a lot - http://www.harborfreight.com/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html has a lift range of 2.6 inches to 30 inches

Thats the lift i bought and really like it, it raises the bike high. I bought this type cause i wanted to be able to remove both wheels at the same time. i just cut a couple 2x4's and placed them next to the pipes under the frame and it worked great for me, However i have holeshot pipes and they are lower than the frame but are even.

Just try and shim it like someone else said, if it doesn't work you can always return it. make sure you strap it down though...

Attachments

• 2011-11-14_17-35-09_809[1] (Small).JPG
    2011-11-14_17-35-09_809[1] (Small).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2011-10-24_19-28-41_344[1] (Small).JPG
    2011-10-24_19-28-41_344[1] (Small).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 27
To use two of the red jack would be a p.i.t.a. to lift and lower. I am sure any muffler shop would weld up something that would work on the blue jack. I would ask your local muffler shop if they could weld you up something of the like. They have the scrap pipe that would usable frame side, and you would not need much metal for the jack side but you would want the jack side to be more of a box u than a round u.

Alright, hopefully this photo will load.

Anyhow here is a quick schematic of what I am planning on building. Really all it is, is four pieces of wood nailed together that I would set on the lift and put under the bike so the frame rests on the wood.

On the right hand side, the frame would lay on top of the black boards, and on the left the frame would lay on the two squares.

Thoughts? Am I about to drop my bike? :D

Attachments

• frame-stand.jpg
    frame-stand.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 22
strap the bike on the lift so you do not drop your bike. Did you see Bill Kratzenburg lift. It is the same as the blue lift and he used wood blocks to clear his pipes

Well shit.

So the wooden blocks did not work. There simply was not enough room on the right side with how the pipes are and kick stand.

So basicly. It comes down to completely removing marks pipes. Now, I have looked at the bike and looked at the pipe. In theory, this looks like a straight forward task. A few bolts, a few springs and a lot of pulling?

Any views on this? Am I over simplifying it? Can they actually be taken off while on the kick stand?

Yes they can be removed that way if needed. I installed mine that way. Left the center stand on as well.

Yes they can be removed that way if needed. I installed mine that way. Left the center stand on as well.

The center stand was already off before I bought the bike.

How long did it take you to put marks pipes on?

I have the 4-2-4 and the front part seems easy enough, the back two are what consern me.

Latest posts

Back