VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus speedicus

Reaction score
In the never ending search to find the perfect windshield, I came across this brand MRA that has about 4 universal windshields one of which looked particularly promising.

This site has all four MRA windscreens in the list to the left they are labeled 'for naked bikes'
http://www.windshield-shop.com/Windshield_Type/8905__Vario_Touring_Screen_for_Naked_Bikes.html

This is the particular one that cought my eyes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRA-Smoke-S...1554&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
imagethumb.php

Any feedback on these?

Also any feedback on the Exactrep Sports Fly Sreen?
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/sports-fly-screen-click.JPG

Last edited:
That would work for me too, good wind protection (well, good enough for me) for long trips then take off at destination. As it stands now I put my Givi Airstars 123 on for the trip and it stays on until I get home, unless it is in may-june then it stays on during this buggy part of the year.

Still like the Coerce Carbon Fiber from Japan like Spec Ops has on his bike. Additionally, it has no hardware to install and I would have no qualms going 150 with it on.

That last one looks eerily similar to the one we made for the reaper bike.

Sean

Still like the Coerce Carbon Fiber from Japan like Spec Ops has on his bike. Additionally, it has no hardware to install and I would have no qualms going 150 with it on.

I really like the Coerce also. But it's $235 plus shipping. That's a Benjamin more than the MRA.

That last one looks eerily similar to the one we made for the reaper bike.

Sean

Could you post a pic of said reaper? Just to get an idea of what this windscreen might look like on the max?

cfv%20vmax.jpg

Brand New "The top quality" Coerce Racing Carbon Fiber Wind Screen for Yamaha V-MAX1200. Mfg parts number is 042CBCC2102. This is very rare wind screen offers high-tech custom look while providing better wind protection than you imagine. Very light weight pure carbon fiber one piece construction, comes with shiny high gloss finish, black painted backside. Multi layered construction technique resists cracking from vibration. High stress mounting hole areas receive additional layers for long-term durability. Pre-drilled for easy installation.
http://www.maxmcdirect.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DA042CBCC2102

cflw%20vmax.jpg

Brand New "The top quality" Coerce Racing Carbon Lower for Yamaha V-MAX1200. Mfg parts number is 042CUCC2102. Race inspired original aggressive design offers plenty of ground clearance and gives your bike totally new attitude. One-piece construction offers better airflow. Coerce Carbon Fiber Lowers feature a shiny high gloss finish, black painted backside, precision design, construction for strength and durability, offer the best fit and finish for easy installation along with huge weight savings coupled with lasting strength. Specially designed mount hardware offers easy installation and maintenance

Finally got around to installing the windscreen this weekend. Here are a few pics of what it looks like on my bike. I much prefer the looks of it over the stock yamaha windscreen.

IMG_20130331_130522.jpg

IMG_20130331_130537.jpg

IMG_20130331_130316.jpg

Just the right size if you ask me. Big enough to be effective, small enough to be unobtrusive and not catch too much wind.

here a few more pics. and some showing the hardware. it is fully adjustable (forward/backward, up/down, and tilt angle) thanks to ball joints, if you want more of a wind cutting tilt or more of a stream line look. I don't know if you could do that with the yamaha windscreen but it's certainly a bonus to get the most of the screen. I like how much wider it is than yamaha's. makes yamaha's look...dainty lol.
534160_10200217018285951_771937746_n.jpg

10195_10200217020005994_1219633184_n.jpg

734509_10200217020806014_720078115_n.jpg

549077_10200217022006044_1635873317_n.jpg

543848_10200217023086071_266338107_n.jpg

3426_10200217026726162_1488301328_n.jpg

How does it feel? Like cheap plastic or bendable? Mounts easy?

mounting wasn't too bad. it would have been easier with a third hand and it took a few tries at adjusting and tightening but overall pretty easy. the actual windshield is a little flexible but not flimsy but it doesn't matter after its all tightened down at highway speed it was solid. the hardware (just an fyi here, I think the mounting hardware is sometimes sold separately so check before you buy) was high quality plastic, aluminum rods, and an assortment of metric allen head bolts. it's not that cheap abs junk that will crack after a season.

if i had to compare the quality to other brands i'd say the windscreen was better than those generic slip streamer spitfire shields but not quite Memphis shades standards and the same for the hardware.

mounting wasn't too bad. it would have been easier with a third hand and it took a few tries at adjusting and tightening but overall pretty easy. the actual windshield is a little flexible but not flimsy but it doesn't matter after its all tightened down at highway speed it was solid. the hardware (just an fyi here, I think the mounting hardware is sometimes sold separately so check before you buy) was high quality plastic, aluminum rods, and an assortment of metric allen head bolts. it's not that cheap abs junk that will crack after a season.

if i had to compare the quality to other brands i'd say the windscreen was better than those generic slip streamer spitfire shields but not quite Memphis shades standards and the same for the hardware.

Thanks, I had a medium oem screen on mine but it started cracking at the mounts. Took it off this winter and forgot how bad the wind blast over 50 feels. Some wind protection is definately needed and the MSA looks good to me. Good pics

i got mine from an ebay seller out of lithuania (took like 3 or 4 weeks to get here) by the name of wildrider335 and he checked with me to make sure he gave the right size mounting hardware.

Back