My '06 pull

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxbill

Reaction score
Just got my '06 on a dyno at Fenders Cycle the other day, 112 hp @8,500 rpm and 78 lb/ft @ 5,800 rpm. The bike is stock other than drilled mufflers and the Y piece taken off of the air box. It has 3,500 mi and I followed the factory break in. The temp was high 70's, overcast and humid.
Cold, the first run was 70 hp and the second 80. After letting it run a little and warming up it pulled two 112's.

being an owner of a 06 i like that news... not sure what the 70 hp to 80 hp to 112 jump is all about..i seen 1 to 2 hp jumps as bike warmed up on dyno for first three pulls...

First off, welcome to the board! I think you got some good numbers from it. I used Radical Cycles dyno and it didn't do as well. I like to tell myself that it was because of the weather :rofl_200:. Another forum member and I ride together all the time. We are both from Des Moines also. :eusa_dance: You should join us sometime.:punk:

Just got my '06 on a dyno at Fenders Cycle the other day, 112 hp @8,500 rpm and 78 lb/ft @ 5,800 rpm. The bike is stock other than drilled mufflers and the Y piece taken off of the air box. It has 3,500 mi and I followed the factory break in. The temp was high 70's, overcast and humid.
Cold, the first run was 70 hp and the second 80. After letting it run a little and warming up it pulled two 112's.

Not bad for a stocker. You must have done that in the early AM because it's been stupid hot here in the Quad Cities...:damn angry:

Mine with Holeshot and Dales stage 1 pulled 122 but I broke mine in the www.mototune.com way which usually yields better HP. Your's would see a good gain with exhaust and a carb kit like Morley's stage 6.5 kit like I installed and made 124 RWHP with. The difference is AMAZING. Hard to esplain! (lol)

Another welcome from Des Moines! The only way to get good comparo's are same dyno same day thing, but all the bikes are generally pretty close with the same mods/air etc. I lay'd down 122 rwhp with a Hindle/Kerker set up and a Stage 7 kit.

Does the VMAX wobble on a dyno

lankeeyankee, my bike didn't wobble at all. I also have solid motor mounts, don't know if that makes any difference on a dyno. Maybe some of the more experienced board members could commint.

nosboss, PM sent. I'd love to meet & ride with some other Max riders in the area.:punk:

you may have one of those 116 hp stock bikes....love to know what it would of pulled with the pipes and Y left alone

Back