my imperfections - what would you do?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Now I use all Adams products on it. They're silicon free and non aerosol. The newest product is the waterless car wash which encapsulates the dust and dirt and allows you to remove it without scratching the finish. Pretty cool stuff, and it smells like coconuts! You can even use it after the vehicle has been in the rain."

Ive seen that too, looks like another good way to go. Comes with the pressure pump to dispense it right?

Just a spray container like a detail spray. I think they have a deal right now for 1 gallon plus a 16oz spray container and waffle weave MF towel.

How did you do it???

Also just got some of that Honda cleaner stuff, everyone there said it is awesome and all they use, plus I got it for $6.

Going to look into matt black powder coating the sissy and scoops. But want to do the reservoirs myself. Bought some flat black VHT paint for that mark on the engine. Looks good, hope it works
Go to page 40 in the thread::What did you do to your vmax today twards the bottom and I explained how to do it.
Have fun with it.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

When I had my '06 VTX, I washed, polished, scrubbed to no end, I would use those
$ 7.00-12.00 dollar cans of aerosol detailer. Then i found out that Lemon Pledge will do the same job for much less $$. worked on the chrome, paint, even the windshield.
And I use cloth diapers, and Ta-Da, show room finish!

Lemon Pledge has been used for at least 25 years as a detailer. Long before specialized products were offered. If you can stand the smell, it works pretty good.

Turtle Wax car wash, lots of water, a bucket and a fat sponge or one of them fluffy gloves does the wash job.

Then the finish is all about having a decent chamois skin to dry it all properly. Unreachable places get compressed air (lo PSI).

Been doing all my bikes like this for so many years, always worked great for me. :)

Well I am for sure getting my sissy and scoops powder coated flat black this weekend. I am trying to decide whether to get my side panels done? I am leaving my exhaust for now, will get wheels done later just not sure about the side panels. They are half black right now

What you guys think?

i had to buy replacement panels as my bike didn't come with them. they were the solid aluminum.

i had them p/c b/c i liked the look and ended up even happier about it b/c my g/f's boots are always scuffing them up and its just so much more durable.

Lemon Pledge has been used for at least 25 years as a detailer. Long before specialized products were offered. If you can stand the smell, it works pretty good.

ive been usin it 4 yrs:punk: gets the bug guts off!! and repells dust!!

IMO works just as well as the honda or yammie cleaners.

I just checked an MSDS for Lemon Pledge and see why everyone likes it so much. It contains Silicon. It's a cheap way of making a surface look and feel good. It also causes amazing issues down the road if you look to paint something. You won't find ANY silicon products in a body shop for good reason. http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/PLEDGE LEMON.htm

It's also VERY flammable!

My bike always gets a spray bottle bath and towels to dry it a little Simple Green in one bottle and windex in another (for the chrome and polished parts does it just fine) and, then some tire black :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:.
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

Latest posts

Back