My new headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so im poking around on e-bay and the headlights i see for the vrsc has a bucket with a two bolt mounting bracket or flange built into the upper backside.is this the same assembly you used or did you buzz that peice off or what?different bucket maybe?ive got some local harley guys so ill check with them this weekend.looks kick ass though.reminds me of the 09 lamp.later mike

Did it long ago. But I thought I would throw it out there again. Here is my tribar clear lens mod headlight. It's a 5-3/4" lens assy that I fit into the stock shell. Cost me $40 at the local Chrome Shop Mafia Semi Truck Store. It took about 2-3 hours of development to make it work. But its brighter, still looks stock, yet doesn't look dated!

Last edited:
that does look nice michell, can u go over the 'development' at a high level?

Yep, thats the light!

It's basiclly using the vmax headlight attachment pieces and fitting the new tribar style on to it.

I had to remove the headlight "lens only" from the support frame-bezel to utilize it with the new headlight. In other words, demolish the stock lens and attach the old inner attachment housing to the new headlight via tin snips, bench grinder and a file. Then I epoxied/siliconed the attachment housing to the back of the new light. Then I painted the front leading edge black to give it that mascara on the eye look.

Sorry that I didn't take notes and that I didn't write a book on it. I just do crazy mod shit like this and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Fortunately, I got lucky and this one worked out well.

That's an awesome look, kinda looks like the Gen2 a bit eh? Do you think Harley stole the idea or the other way around? hehehe

(this is me stirring the pot!)

That does look great did you have to modify anything electrically? Or just wire it up?
Just changed the bulb sockets. Very simple, no heavy thinking really needed since there's only high and low beam in there. Simple enough for me to do without messing up... ;)

so im poking around on e-bay and the headlights i see for the vrsc has a bucket with a two bolt mounting bracket or flange built into the upper backside.is this the same assembly you used or did you buzz that peice off or what?different bucket maybe?ive got some local harley guys so ill check with them this weekend.looks kick ass though.reminds me of the 09 lamp.later mike
The buckets I see on eBay now are all with the mounting bracket, that's bolted on the bucket itself. I didn't use that, only the bucket that has a hole on either side that I use to fasten it with. So, if you can buy the bucket w/o the attachment, do that.

how about them pics of your truck? did you get the truck completed.
A little bit off this topic (sorry, but I promised pic's), but here is my Ram with 49" Iroks, four-link air aft air suspension, 500 Hp and 920 Ft/lbs of torque.
The Tacoma is wearing 41" tires...
:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Ram ? plani.jpg
    Ram ? plani.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Ram og Tacoma1.jpg
    Ram og Tacoma1.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 77
OK, it is time for me to bring this thread into 2010! I would like to install the VSRC headlight in my MAX, and I'd like to assure myself as to what I need all in. It has been said that the bucket on its own without mounting attached is what you begin with. If any thing else is required to install, get what you need machined?

There is a Beaver Power relay upgrade that is suggested. Upon opening their page, I saw many different relay products laid out. The style to choose is the one that is fitted without filling up the headlight with extra contents. What is the best relay to choose here?

It has been WAY too hot and humid to ride in comfort. If I can't ride, I'll mod.

Latest posts

Back