Need a new slave?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the engine has to come out and apart to get most of the trans related stuff out. Can you feel the clutch break over?? If it shifts ok when driving for the most part and doesn't pop out of gear your trans may be ok. You could have bent the shift forks fighting the shift too.

Sean

The main reason I thought that the shift forks may be bent was the summer before I got the bike from my dad he laid it down in a gravel driveway. It bent the shifter into a U shape, the bike wasn't fixed until I put a new shift lever on it.

That should have had no effect to the shift forks since they aren't directly connected. If you tried to jam it into gear then that has an effect.

Sean

That should have had no effect to the shift forks since they aren't directly connected. If you tried to jam it into gear then that has an effect.

Sean

Even if he was in a gear when pulling in? Thats when he laid it down (didnt know if it makes a difference, just wanted to be sure). I am just trying to decide what I should do. I don't think its the slave or the master since I bled the crap out of them and rebuilt both and bled again. The main reason I wanted to take the bike to a local shop is so they could easier diagnose whats going on (They could run the bike and so on). If you think you could diagnose if its a clutch or trans problem by me pulling it out and sending it to you I will pm you and see about pricing.

It's REALLY hard to believe that it's something internal but I've seen odder things I guess...

Chris

I suppose anything could happen but i've seen them go end over end and curl the shifter back and not have a problem. It could have bent the forks since it would have had a jamming effect on it.

I could maybe send other parts for you to try first (can't remember if you replaced the parts or just rebuilt them). Can't even remember (could look in the tread) what the exact problem is.

On a side note, if the fluid level is too high it can cause hard shifting (mostly into neutral).

Sean

Its hard to shift into second kind, of clunks grinds if I dont take my sweet time and use alot of force, some times it shifts fine, some times it wont let me down shift (wont come out of the previous gear)when going slower in town and it will never let me shift into second at WOT. I can hammer on it in first, have to hold in the clutch for a second and shift into second gear and then I crank it open and shift into the other gears fine.

Its really frustrating, wish I would of never gotten rid of my new R6

Back