Need some help and direction...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_backer

Reaction score
Well fellers, it happened. The incident that all motorcyclists encounter in some shape form or fashion... Had an oblivious driver turn left in front of me on Friday night. Lucky me, I was on my game and barely evaded the car, but instead found myself skidding across the side of the main drag through town. Bike's not tore up too bad, need handlebars, shifter peg, left side engine crash bar, and possibly a speedometer. Any direction for parts would help.

Sean Morley, one2dmax and CaptainKyle probably have all that stuff, used. If you want new, I prefer ronayresmotorsports but they (Sean & Kyle) may be able to help you too.

Glad you are not seriously-hurt. I had one happen (left-turning driver, oncoming) where I wasn't so-fortunate, it put me out of work for 10 wks. & a concussion, but I could have died if it happened a bit differently.

glad you are ok. +1 one2dmax and CaptainKyle can be of help. PM them. I was just over at Kyle's. I know he had speedometer and ALL kinds of used OEM parts. Post your needs in the VMax parts for sale section

I have an OEM handlebar that came off of my '04 that's just sitting in my parts closet after I replaced it with a Superbike. absolutely nothing wrong with it. A quick glance on eBay reveals that someone wants $27 for an OEM. How 'bout $10 + shipping and mine's yours.

Glad you avoided serious injury GB! As stated above, Sean Morley can hook you up and get you back up and running. Ebay is a good source of parts as well.

+1, the bike can always be fixed or replaced. I'm glad he didn't take you out Bro. Everybody be careeefull, k? I've got good stock stock bars for you if you want them. pm me, I have some used stuff.
Steve-o

green_backer I live in Louisville, Ky. If I am close enough I can bring you a stock handle bar. I changed mine out for wider bars. I will ride them to you if you live any where with in 100 - 150 miles of Louisville. I do not need them so they would be yours for the asking.

Well after talking to green_backer I took off this morning with my old stock handle bars bunged to my max made my way to green_backer 135 miles away. We meet have lunch and talked, I hand him the handle bar, he checked out my bike. While someone came to pick him being he locked himself out of his pickup. I jumped back out on the road and returned home. It was a great ride, I ran the highway but was fun to blast down the roadway. I am glad I was able to help a fellow max'er out, wish I had other parts he could have used, but I think he is getting the rest from CaptainKyle

Glad you are ok ! Enough said about irresponsible cagers so I will leave it alone !

Back