needle valve / seat removal.????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweed

Reaction score
id like to know how its done! the carbs im rebuilding and putting a jet kit in, had one needle seat that had been rubbed into a groove and the needle itself froze in it. it came out covered in film. so after looking at its replacement in the rebuild kit i tried soaking it in parts cleaner overnite and pressing it out the top.... and really screwed it up, the scarring iside it is from the needle the heavy damage on the rim was me. . see picture. so can someone tell me how to remove?

Attachments

• IMG_20120609_204157.jpg
    IMG_20120609_204157.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 153
I'll give you the short version.
Flip you carb body over from the way this picture was taken.
Find the brass plug that you can't remove.
Drill a small hole (1/8") in that plug. You will destroy it and the screen over the needle seat.
Screw a self-tapping sheet metal screw into the hole you just made.
Pull the plug out by the screw with the plug attached to it.
Use a small c-clamp to push the needle seat (in your picture) out the top of the hole you've just opened.
Order replacement needle, seat, screen, and plug.

Replace.,..... CAREFULLY.

Good evening. I am new here. I am currently rebuilding my carbs. The way I found to remove the valve seats, understanding I am not reusing the seats and filters, is to heat the carb up with a heat gun and fine tip around the area of the plug and vakvv. I then use a close fitting aluminum rod and SMALL hammer to drive the valve seat and plug out. They don't look damaged at all. I mainly wanted to change them out to replace the filter element.

You can use a socket and clamp. No potential damage from heating up the carbs. Should be a thread on here if you search for it.

Back