Neutral light out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
I thought I was in neutral and let the clutch out quickly while stopped, and now the neutral light is out. At first impression, would you think this is a fuse or the light itself?

I thought I was in neutral and let the clutch out quickly while stopped, and now the neutral light is out. At first impression, would you think this is a fuse or the light itself?

Some Ventures have had the brass pin that is in the gear selector cam wear to a point that it no longer made contact with the neutral switch plate. Also spring behind brass pin weakens.

In the area behind left driver peg, there will be a wire coming from the neutral switch. Color is Sky Blue. Single connector, butt style. Unplug this connector and hook end that goes towards harness to ground with key in On position. If light illuminates, it is probably the neutral switch.

Gary

I am having a similar issue with my neutral light. If anyone could snap a pic of where this wire is coming from the engine it would be much appreciated. Sounds like this is a logical first step to diagnose. Thanks.

I am having a similar issue with my neutral light. If anyone could snap a pic of where this wire is coming from the engine it would be much appreciated. Sounds like this is a logical first step to diagnose. Thanks.

Selector switch is seen at bottom center of attached picture. This is on a Venture block, which has six wires on it. The VMax will only have one wire on it, same physical size, but only Neutral indication. A Venture unit would fit on a VMax, then you would have the ability to indicate all gear positions in some manner, be it a multi-segment LED, or a group of small indicators LED's.

2nd picture has better lighting.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01442s.JPG
    DSC01442s.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT5470s.JPG
    PICT5470s.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 25
Very nice. Thank you. So I should be able to run a test light from positive through neat real switch and it should only light when in neutral then to test the switch.

Very nice. Thank you. So I should be able to run a test light from positive through neat real switch and it should only light when in neutral then to test the switch.

Yes, but I would suggest splitting the butt connection before you put power on it. Probably makes no difference, but better to be safe if you have a malfunctioning circuit already.

Gary

agreed! Now to get the wife's projects done so I have time for mine again.

Latest posts

Back