New best..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want something I can mold in, for $15 its worth a shot but I'd rather do it with steel so i could continue to use my magnetic tank bag when I want to... Either way I can use it for a template for whatever direction I want to go..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I want something I can mold in, for $15 its worth a shot but I'd rather do it with steel so i could continue to use my magnetic tank bag when I want to... Either way I can use it for a template for whatever direction I want to go..

Here is the one I was talking about. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we..._99988345-p?searchTerm=hood+scoops#fragment-4 It might be good for a template or just give you an idea. I have a feeling I am gonna paint my bike again soon so I might try one.

Hell that actually looks pretty damn good!

I would like to see that, as I saw one online that looked ok, but not quite what I would do.

I think you would have to be pretty high up to get it to be worth while and functional though.

Todd

I would like to see that, as I saw one online that looked ok, but not quite what I would do.

I think you would have to be pretty high up to get it to be worth while and functional though.

Todd

Not trying for a ram air effect, just want to lessen the restriction... Last year I was averaging about 12.1:1 on the a/f ratio, pulled the lid and made a pass and it was 15.6:1 and only slowed by a tenth & a half and about 2mph.. that lid being so close is really choking the hell out of it, if I can get more air to it I'll be able to jet it steeper and make some more power.. Like I said I really don't care about a ram air effect, just want the engine to not have to fight for air...

I was trying to think of a way to get some air in there by making one of the side scoops functional but just can't figure out a way to do it...

Another member on here had the louvered lid and found out the hard way it's nearly impossible to get it jetted to run right.

Can shimming the faux tank cover help? I know my cover has marks in it where the rear of the cover hits the air box, but it is from the edge of of the airbox.

Another member on here had the louvered lid and found out the hard way it's nearly impossible to get it jetted to run right.

Maybe I'll try to jet it right with the cover off first, if I can get it close then I'll try something along these lines... If not I'll know not to waste my time and money on trying to get a mini scoop on there...

Pic of the launch...

Attachments

• 202595_3394354779549_468653987_o.jpg
    202595_3394354779549_468653987_o.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back