new fan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
well.... yesterday my 2 year old boy walked up to me and asked a question that shocked me. he has alwasy loved the vmax and always says "daddys cool motorcycle" as long as it isnt running. even at idle it has always made him clinch his hands and teeth as hard as he can due to how loud it is.well, after it sunk in what he asked i said sure buddy. go get your shoes and jacket on and well go. well he hauled ass.... i have never seen him move that fast. now, were outside and the bike is warming up so i ask him again. you sure you want to go for a ride? ( hes not clinched up like normal) and he said please! well to make a long story short i ask him like 5 times at different stages of getting the bike out of the driveway. took him for a ride with him sitting in front of me around the block ( never went above 25 mph since we didnt have helmets on) short of the 80 year old man down teh street giving me a go to hell look ( im sure because the kid didn thave a helmet on) my boy did aweseme. by the 3rd turn he already caught on and started to go with the flow and slightly leaned with me instead of against me and when we went home he wanted to go again. i had to tell him no becasue he didnt have a helmet or boots yet. he really wanted to go. i guess im in the market for a youth helmet and boots for him already... :punk:

Awesome, but please be careful. Accidents can happen real quick. At 2 yrs old, he'll have a hard time holding on if you have to manuver quickly.

most definatly! which was why i stayed at such a slow speed and was just around the neighborhood block. my dad started me out young and our boy has started showing interest and the signs that he is ready so i figures a trial run wouldnt be a bad idea. he did a better job than his mom as far as being a passenger. i cant believe how well he did. not saying hell be on the interstate any time soon but he did prove to me hes ready mentally to go for short rides down the street to grandpas house once in a while once we get him a helmet and boots. ( dont ever have to go above 25 mph)

IF I DID THAT HERE IN NEW JERSEY , I'D BE IN JAIL FOR 3-5 YEARS ! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY SON IS TALL ENOUGH TO RIDE WITH ME ! :punk:

here in redneckville, the only law ive been told about is kids under 18 must have a helmet on. :punk:

Isn't there some kind of harness available that straps a kid to you? Seems I heard of that some time ago. That way you don't have to worry about him holding on. That said, please be careful....

My 11 year old step daughter got her first ride when I had to take her to school on the max.(my wife and older step daughter had both cars)
she has always been curious and awed by the sound and my my bouncing the front end around up and down the street .
I assured her that I would be careful and she got on well, to say the least she rode like she had been doing it for years , she leans with me when we round corners and rides straight up .
Now she enjoys a ride and a while back we did about 80 miles through the mountains and then to the beauty shop for hair cuts for everyone. All in all it was a good day for us both. She now has her own helmet that she wants me to paint a aqua color. the end!
<<dave >>:clapping:

Isn't there some kind of harness available that straps a kid to you? Seems I heard of that some time ago. That way you don't have to worry about him holding on. That said, please be careful....

My dad used to strap me to the sissybar with a belt when I was really young. When I got older, around 7, and in pee wee football i'd just put on my gear and f ball helmet and he'd take me to practice dressed like that.

as far as i know here in vt there isnt a set age for a child to be on the back of a bike! or in front of the driver. i used to ride my son on my max when he was 3-4. if i put him in front of me, my legs would surround his and held him on there pretty well. he would lay his head against the faux cover and try to fall asleep. he's 19 now and had a pretty rough time since he left home to live with his mother. still doesnt drive car or bike yet. too bad as his father is a fanatic with 2 v maxs, an aprilia rsv mille, and a suzuki marauder. he's safer as a passenger for now anyway lol. here's another odd thing i discovered while looking at the vt laws. i have to have turn signals, and a least 1 mirror-but i dont need a speedo to pass inspection. i guess it doesnt matter how fast i go as long as you can see where i'm going and i can see where i been.

later odieoh24

in new jersey , the law is " a passenger must be able to rest their feet comfortably on the passenger pegs " doesn't matter what age !

I gave my daughter her first ride when she was about 4. Went to pick her up from the kindergarden on the old CX500 I had then. Same as slowpoke, sat her in front of me and got her to hang tight. We did have a helmet, although it was about 10 sizes too big LOL.. In the UK you must have a helmet at all times, although it was still illegal to ride with her like that.

However, she's 17 next tuesday, and still goes on about me picking her up on my bike that day. Don't think she's got that many other memories from those times, so it's always a warm feelin' when she mentions it. She loves riding with me now, but hasn't had a chance to experience maxine yet..

Yeah its called Duct Tape.

I have done this with a 5 yr old girl when I was dating this chick.. This lil girl loved my VMAX and her eyes would always light up when I started the bike. I sat her up on the faux and we putted down the street and ever since then it was "Take me again Mr. D"
Kids are awesome and its the little things that excite them so much

Back