New GenII Video's from Vmaxguru.com

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks,

Gary, the administrator of this site, sent me a very polite e-mail asking me to join his forum. I responded to him that I have all but sworn off forums. For as long as I have surfed forums, I have come to the realization that I am a very black and white technical person that lacks good people skills. I love to meet and greet in person, talk shop, and most of all, tinker on my bike. Many times I see these forums get way off topic when it really should be about the bike. Its the destructive "keyboard commandos" and "keyboard tuner technicians" that really get under my skin. Rather than perpetuate this anger, I choose to make my own web site and start tinkering on video for real results and honest answers.

I did take the liberty to join the forum and look around. I was quite please at the conduct. Seems to be a respectful group. An oddity in this day and age. Although this gives me some hope, with great respect, I still have made a decision to maintain my focus on working on this bike. I'm not being snobby, I just simply lost my taste for forums right now. I hope its understandable. Secondly I have a new bike that is virgin territory for me. This consumes a substantial portion of my time. Tinkering on this level is Gods design for me. I have found my place. This makes me happy. My intention is to showcase a fabulous new version of a bike that I have been attracted to since I was in High School. I share it's attitude. I am surely not excluding myself from posting on your forum, just saying that its no longer my forte.

In closing I will say this, if you guys comeup with a question about this bike you can't figure out, please e-mail me. Hard problems are what I like to solve. I may be able to help. Thank you for the kind words and I will check in on you folks every now and then. You may want to subscribe to my youtube page to see new videos. With your permission, I will add a link on my site to this good forum.

Its an honor,
Tim Nash
VMaxGuru.com

Hi Tim! :welcome_sign: I'm glad you posted a Hello post and I knew from our emails and from your web site, that you are going to be quite busy with your 09! ( In case anyone missed it on his site, he has a blower!! he wants to put on his 2nd Gen!! :surprise: ) So any morsel of info or occasional update that you want to post, will be great for us.

So let me get this straight: with the airbox removed, this bike makes 181 rwhp. Since it makes 197 hp on the crank on paper, this means that the whole tranny + shaft drive only sucks out about 16 HP?

That sounds REAL good, eh?

So let me get this straight: with the airbox removed, this bike makes 181 rwhp. Since it makes 197 hp on the crank on paper, this means that the whole tranny + shaft drive only sucks out about 16 HP?

That sounds REAL good, eh?

That is the second time I've seen shaft efficiency that good, if the numbers are comparable. My other bike is a BMW K1200R and some folks were getting around 7% less from the rear wheel than claimed crankshaft power. Maybe shafts have become almost as efficient as chains. Now they need to lose weight.

Those figures represent a loss of only 8.12%. What percentage does the gen 1's power transfer consume?

You guys are making me jealous!

I've taken mine out about 7 times and annihilated the back tire each trip! He's a bitch and I love it...the honker hooks on every ridge I ask.

I'm getting old joy way down into the 9's with ram air and plenty of fuel. Mark rebuilt the carbs and gave me many ideas...Honestly with a 75 shot you can get top 8's with cv carbs.

I missed shooting PA and WR by 2 sessions this past weekend! I told most of you I would quit after this year without 1 TV show, and I am sticking to it!

Hell...I'll play bass for anyone :punk:

I'll leave...

Hell yes I have the motorcycle and stuff like that! KJ is cool and talks with me like that.

Danny is the man...I've talked to Danny....We both deal with Heidi's.

Understand that Neil is the best bowler in the whole world???

Let it fly...

Guys:

Im sorry ;)

Check: Why do all these strippers talk crap???

Shocking ending gives Allen title at National Bowling Stadium

Those figures represent a loss of only 8.12%. What percentage does the gen 1's power transfer consume?

I think shafts ran around 15% loss, and a lot was gained by converting to a chain. I think it's tough to know because you would need to measure crankshaft output directly and then with the drive train in place under the same conditions/dyno. Someone knows better than I do though.

Hmm, can't hit vmaxguru.com this morning, it just times out. Hopefully no problems at Tim's end.

I'm thinking around 20%, reason being: a claimed 145 at the crank but a stock Gen I seems to average about 116 at the wheel = 20ish %

I found it interesting that the "variable length" intake is actually just 2 lengths! It just lifts all the intakes off of the shorter intake. I wonder if that would benefit the 1st Gens?

Most variable length intakes are like that. Long tubes provide low end torque but restrict high rpm flow. Short intake trumpets do the reverse.
The set up is the same on the R1 as well.

There is no reason you couldnt adapt the whole intake system to the Gen 1 but id not do that without some increase in displacement to take advantage...

Most variable length intakes are like that. Long tubes provide low end torque but restrict high rpm flow. Short intake trumpets do the reverse.
The set up is the same on the R1 as well.

There is no reason you couldnt adapt the whole intake system to the Gen 1 but id not do that without some increase in displacement to take advantage...

I am interested in seeing a dyno run with just the short runners only. Can give gen 2 owners the option of going with individual K+N and getting rid of the airbox.
8HP by taking the top of the airbox off is pretty impressive IMHO. Shouldnt be too much loss on the bottom end.

Latest posts

Back