New Member From Ohio

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJSX1700

Reaction score
Live in Ohio (Akron/Cle area) and bought my 2017 Vmax after searching for almost a year and a half. I was looking for a 2017 or newer reasonably priced and jumped on the first bike I found in that year range because I was afraid I would never find one and the summer was starting. Shipped from a car dealer in New Jersey, came with AK. exhaust and X-Pipe already installed so that was a plus. It also already had front turn signals replaced with wrap around LED's on the forks that also serve as running lights and the license plate assembly was removed and remounted just under the rear fender to look less bulky. They had also added LED Strip lights under the rear fender to serve as new rear turn signals.

I have since done some minor upgrades (Will show in updated pics later), Integrated turn signal rear tail light (smoked lense), New mirrors, upper radiator covers, Halo LED headlight bulb, and Black tinted windscreen

- Will

VMAX 5.jpgVmax 1.jpgVMAX 6.jpgVMAX4.jpg

Thank you! So, I don't think that my ECU is flashed. Unfortunately, I have no way of contacting the previous owner however, there are not any stickers/badges or anything stuck on my ECU telling me it has been flashed. I was wondering if it would be hard on the bike with this exhaust setup and not having remapped it?? I was planning on sending it out somewhere to flash it this winter but I am waiting because I am actually replacing the AK. slip-on's with DAM dual exhaust on both sides. I assumed this might change the way it would need to be mapped.

If it's been flashed by Tim it will have a sticker on the box. It's located above the battery which is under the main faux tank cover.

If it's been flashed by Tim it will have a sticker on the box. It's located above the battery which is under the main faux tank cover.
Yeah, I figured it would have a sticker or something to let you know it's been mapped regardless of where it came from. Unfortunately, mine does not. I have read all about Tim just on the forums and different websites. I've been on his website and saw that he has different tunes depending on what you are running on your bike, obviously, but, what's the benefit of doing it through him vs. just getting it dyno tuned somewhere? I am going to get mine tuned most likely using him but was just curious about what the difference would be.

Live in Ohio (Akron/Cle area) and bought my 2017 Vmax after searching for almost a year and a half. I was looking for a 2017 or newer reasonably priced and jumped on the first bike I found in that year range because I was afraid I would never find one and the summer was starting. Shipped from a car dealer in New Jersey, came with AK. exhaust and X-Pipe already installed so that was a plus. It also already had front turn signals replaced with wrap around LED's on the forks that also serve as running lights and the license plate assembly was removed and remounted just under the rear fender to look less bulky. They had also added LED Strip lights under the rear fender to serve as new rear turn signals.

I have since done some minor upgrades (Will show in updated pics later), Integrated turn signal rear tail light (smoked lense), New mirrors, upper radiator covers, Halo LED headlight bulb, and Black tinted windscreen

- Will

View attachment 86083View attachment 86084View attachment 86085View attachment 86086
Love the color

Back