new owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattheroach

Reaction score
any one help me? just got my first max and the battery is flat. can anyone tell this thicko how to get to it!!!! i feel such an idiot:bang head:

Get a service manual or google vmax outlaw ...he has it on line..tells you step by step how to do it

It is not that complicated, just takes a little time.

The battery is under the drivers seat.

Flip the middle section of the seat forward (the part that lets you have access to the fuel tank). There is one bolt on each side of the seat that holds it in place. Remove those, and then remove the seat.

If you would like to charge the battery while it is on the bike then you now have access to the plus and minus terminals.

If you want to remove the battery a bit more wrenching is involved. You will need to remove the rear coil bracket to give complete access to the battery. Once that is off just remove the battery cables undo the strap and pull the battery out.

Now would be a good time to consider a Gel-type battery. I think that the subject is one of the sticky topics. I believe the model I have is Odyssey PC680.

TO re-install simply reverse the process.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs up:

actually, there are TWO bolts on either side of the seat that hold it on. There is a pair of Screws (with number 3 heads) that is in the rear part of the plastic. The other 2 are regular bolts (10mm I think) kind of tucked down in there and pass through what looks like the spring hinge area.

If you make note that your flip seat passes in channels you will see the channel is hump shaped. Flip the lid like normal then push it up and over the hump and all the way forward. This will give much more room then most realize. You can even use a socket to get to the bolts instead of the wrench most use.

Then you can put the bolts in your spare bolt bin if you want since it isn't needed to keep the seat in place.

You can either get the gel cell battery (AGM) that has been mentioned or look here for my solution:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=113&highlight=battery

Sean Morley

For reference purposes later. Look up on the menu bar and click on VMF links. When you have some free time check them out and familiarize yourself with what is possible on a Max... :thumbs up:

Sounds like you got some good help.

If you want to spend some dosh on a battery, look at the Odyssey battery. Won't go flat nearly as easily as the stock lead acid.:coolgleamA:

many thanks , its simple really. i just couldnt work it out. ive charged the battery now and buggard the solalarm i had fitted 4 weeks ago

Back