New Valkyrie

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little ugly but I'd ride it!! Wonder what the HP is

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does 832cc seem a bit small for a bike that size?

*EDIT*

Nevermind mis-heard it, its 1832cc... that makes much more sense!

Honda took the latest version the 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine and stuffed it into an all-new aluminum twin-spar frame. The last F6 we had on the Cycle World dyno spun the drum to the tune of 104 horsepower and 110 pound-feet of peak torque. Impressive numbers, but the new Valkyrie has a claimed curb weight of only 750 pounds. That undercuts the Gold Wing by 150 pounds and the F6B by 92. In short, we can expect some serious acceleration from the Valkyrie, which also has the same gearing as the Gold Wing and F6B.

110 lbs of torque is a nice number! 104 hp is low for me, but I am sure this thing will fit the bill of what it was intended to do.

Todd

Honda took the latest version the 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine and stuffed it into an all-new aluminum twin-spar frame. The last F6 we had on the Cycle World dyno spun the drum to the tune of 104 horsepower and 110 pound-feet of peak torque. Impressive numbers, but the new Valkyrie has a claimed curb weight of only 750 pounds. That undercuts the Gold Wing by 150 pounds and the F6B by 92. In short, we can expect some serious acceleration from the Valkyrie, which also has the same gearing as the Gold Wing and F6B.

110 lbs of torque is a nice number! 104 hp is low for me, but I am sure this thing will fit the bill of what it was intended to do.

Todd
HP is probably down because those engines only turn about 6 grand.

I wouldn't mind it at all. Granted I know without even looking I would never pay the price tag for it.

I think that it might be 305cc per cylinder. Not 980.
That is one ugly bike, I wouldn't care if it had 200hp.

I own a 98 Valk. Tourer. A bagger but I use a cut down sport-like fairing. Minor intake mods. With a quick fairing change , my wife and I tour on it. With about 98 ft. lb. of torque and the same amount of horsepower- it a great bike. Cycle world rated it second to the Max in a test a number of years ago.

But this new thing is BUTT UGULY.

Lew

Interesting bike, but if I was gonna go for something like that, I think I'd go with the Triumph Rocket.

Sorry Todd, I was not trying to be a smart ass , my fault I didn't get that.
And being a diesel owner myself I do get that high rpm doesn't mean high HP and low RPM
certainly doesn't mean low HP

Matt

I kinda like it. It's a big ol' naked wing that would be pretty gangster in black with a nice exhaust.

I like it too.
Rear fender styling looks a little off
to me but overall it's a nice looking hot rod. We need more bikes like this.
Vmax is king but it's nice to see more effort in this direction that aren't just styling and anemic Vtwins.

And a flat six with good exhaust sound awesome.

For the initiated; what is F6N and F6B ?

Is that for the Valkyrie and regular gold wing?

Last edited:
I like it too.
Rear fender styling looks a little off
to me but overall it's a nice looking hot rod. We need more bikes like this.
Vmax is king but it's nice to see more effort in this direction that aren't just styling and anemic Vtwins.

And a flat six with good exhaust sound awesome.

For the initiated; what is F6N and F6N ?

Is that for the Valkyrie and regular gold wing?
+1, I love the distinctive melody of flat six's in endurance racing. Of course all of the sounds of racing cars are favorites of mine except for this years F1 new spec engines which are turbocharged V6's when compared to the song of a V10 or V12 of the previous years. I hope they go back to what proper F1 car should sound like!

Back