no light and no speedo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Went for a ride today and the speedo started to cut out now it doesn't go at all . I took the hearhead light out etc to get to cable but all seemed ok . I put it all back together but light doesn't work but it does on full beam . Is it time for a new cable or do I keep looking . As for the light I would say its electrical but what should I be looking at

Assuming that it is the OE speedo and the needle doesn't move then most likely reason is a broken cable drive.
Undo at the speedo end and pull the inner cable out (I think it comes out that end) and inspect. A break should be obvious.

As for the low beam, was it OK before you took the headlamp out?
If it was then it is most likely that you have disturbed a connection within the headlamp shell.
Use a multi-meter to check that you have a feed to dark green wire at the bulb connector. If not you will need to trace this back to find out where the break is. As the main beam is working then it must be somewhere between the Hi/ Lo switch and the bulb connector.
An alternative is the low beam element had blown.

Have checked all connections and still no joy .

Have put bike back together , and now it will stay off the road til it goes to the shop .
But I will check fuses etc hopefully I haven't got an electrics prob ..

Have checked all connections and still no joy .

Have you checked if you have power to the circuit?

If you have then it will be the bulb.
If not then check as per my post above.

As the main beam is working then it won't be the fuse.

But I will check fuses etc hopefully I haven't got an electrics prob ..

If the dip beam isn't working then I'm sorry to say that's a forlorn hope.

With all this mucking around with cowling on and off etc with no joy re checking all the wiring it was the need for new bulb and bingo .

Anyone know the best place to get a new speedo cable from ?? :ummm:

I'd say the US mate.. Sean Morley should be able to help you. Kyle Clegg may have one second hand. Either will happily ship to NZ!

Can't you get Yameringha parts in New Zealand?.
You may be able to get one made or repaired locally try here or here or here?

My laptop got its screen killed so ive lost all my links etc as I had a massive vmax library including pics and links etc , so ive been a bit lazy on it .
But im getting there , have just ordered new cable .

As for the light I put in a new bulb same rating as stock but these are 50% percent brighter upset the light setting so couldn't use full beam the other morning at 4am heading to work but low beam would of been at least twice as good as stock high beam so im lookingforward to see what hi beam has to offer .:clapping:

Back