OEM Key Blanks...Where?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxattacks

Reaction score
I am looking to get a couple of OEM key blanks for my '93. Can anyone recommend a place other than the stealership...even if they di have them?

Thanx,
Bud

if you want OEM that pretty much means you are at the mercy of the dealer. a good locksmith or key shop (not wally world or home despot) should have yamaha type blanks. but they will likely be about a 1/4-1/2 longer than OEM. $2 or $20....your call...I already looked and went for the $2 option myself

my local ace hardware carries them.

generic Yamaha pattern blanks or correct length SHORT key blanks? The key shops i go to have generic blanks for all the bikes...but they are LONG so one size fits all for a given pattern. it works but I would much rather have a nice short key...less chance of the key twisting and bending over time i think.

generic Yamaha pattern blanks or correct length SHORT key blanks? The key shops i go to have generic blanks for all the bikes...but they are LONG so one size fits all for a given pattern. it works but I would much rather have a nice short key...less chance of the key twisting and bending over time i think.

specific yamaha motorcycle key blanks

also a good option if you can wait a few days.

I have those "Ilco" generic long nickel-plated brass keys now. I got ahold of Mr. Keys in Hawaii and he has the OEM-looking (n0 logo) blanks for $7.00 a piece. I guess those will be okay. :)

Redbone thanks for that key link. I ordered two extra key blanks for mine last night and they were shipped this morning. Total for shipping and the two blanks was $17. They look just like the original. Mike

Redbone thanks for that key link. I ordered two extra key blanks for mine last night and they were shipped this morning. Total for shipping and the two blanks was $17. They look just like the original. Mike
Excellent, if you get a chance, please shoot a picture so we can see what they look like in the flesh.
TIA

Pic as requested.The blanks look almost identical but don't have Yamaha stamp. Two blanks on the left and original on the right.Shipping was fast too. Mike
IMG_0075.jpg

Back