Oh Fuck Ya Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally am very impressed with what they've done so far and to me, that high technology, combined with sledgehammer power **AND* excellent handling is worth something, which is just what everyone screamed at Yamaha about for years to change, but now you don't want to pay for it now that you've got it.... :rofl_200:

I love my bike now, but it's no where near the same league as this thing- modifyed or not! Let's just hope the first-year product bugs aren't too big, if any. :)

- john

Lets see update a bike you could buy last year for 11400 retail and add 6.5k to the price.
Try that in the automotive world..

I see a majority of the advances on this bike on all other current bikes out there. Why is this one so special??

do any of you guys with over 20k in your bikes feel like this is a slap in the face and you just wasted all your money?

Lets see update a bike you could buy last year for 11400 retail and add 6.5k to the price.
Try that in the automotive world..

I see a majority of the advances on this bike on all other current bikes out there. Why is this one so special??

I think redesigning a new bike from the ground up that was first designed over 24 years ago is a little more than an "update"

Compare a 1969 vette to the soon to be 600hp supercharged Z06 with no "evolution" in between...this is pretty drastic for an "update";

It's a V4 with scoops, that's about it.......

I wonder what it's fuel economy is? I would hope it's not too much worse than the original Vmax. I thought they were going to put a bigger fuel tank in this thing!! 4 gallons?? C'mon!!

ok i dropped off my check what did i miss?

ya this is clearly sticking to the original idea of a drag bike.... the smal tank and 5 gears all speak to that.... 52mm forks are massive even if they are wrong way around..... lots of innovation here but only in the direction of a drag bike...

Now having said that....this motors a 1600 ok? the best anyone has done with 1200 is bore it to 1600 and then squeeze out clost to 180-200 hp..... think about it....they are low ballin.... its going to get hairy when people start fiddling.... i bet Yamaha even sets up a factory race team or team support and goes after the drag strips....

As far as price is concerned...HD is the price setter in the market guys... whats a v-rod go for? or a v-rod screamin eagle..or destroyer.... this vmax is a top of the line bike guys...its the image product for star/yamaha....their corvette if you will..... mix all that together and you can see the price floating up.... the real problem is we have been deluded too long with our 12000 price for what was 25 year old bikes being sold brand new....think about why that price was that low?....

one thing i do not get though....is how this guys ends up weighing so much....doesn't make sense to me . think like this

Go out to your garage:

Replace the frame on your bike with an alumium one, like a sport bike one right? stressed engine etc... so save 50 pounds there?

Then take the motor to an engineer who will redesing the casting like they do now and you save say 10 pounds...lets say 20....

use all the same wheels tires and stuff replace a few things with aluminum and plastic but otherise is all even (vboost replaced by new in tack system etc)

add 10 pounds of wire and a 10 pound heavier swing arm...tack away one shock.... lets call it 20 - 5 so 15 pounds heaier for all the tech....

so 70 minus 15 is 55 pounds lighter no?
ok what am i missing here.....
Did they stick some spent uranium in there somewhere?

they did mention it was weight fully loaded, fuel and oil (most manufactures spec a dry weight and ducati even leaves out the battery for theirs..bastards) so....anyone wanna guess what going on here?

do any of you guys with over 20k in your bikes feel like this is a slap in the face and you just wasted all your money?

I would not think so because you could not go buy a new one just like there bike for 20,000 like you could a new Vmax. It is customed to there own liking.

:eusa_dance:I think most of you bitching about 18,000 is because your all scared and dont know how your going to write a check and explain to your wives why you need an 18,000 motorcycle. :rofl_200:

Glad I am single with no kids. You know what they say,
"If you need to ask how much than most likely you cant afford it"

First off I think the bike is awsome. Only real issue is the weight of it.

Regarding the cost, well look at the market place, several bikes at or above the 18K price.

Half the guys bitching about the price don't have a pot to piss in, just want to complain about it.

I will not be buying the first year model, not because I can't afford it but I already have two bikes and don't need a third.

Now if you realy want one, that's why they made banks, see below.

Est. Monthly
Payment:

$444

Negotiated Price*:

Sales Tax*: %

Term*: 36 months48 months60 months

Interest Rate*:%
Down Payment:

one thing i do not get though....is how this guys ends up weighing so much....doesn't make sense to me . think like this

Go out to your garage:

Replace the frame on your bike with an alumium one, like a sport bike one right? stressed engine etc... so save 50 pounds there?

Then take the motor to an engineer who will redesing the casting like they do now and you save say 10 pounds...lets say 20....

use all the same wheels tires and stuff replace a few things with aluminum and plastic but otherise is all even (vboost replaced by new in tack system etc)

add 10 pounds of wire and a 10 pound heavier swing arm...tack away one shock.... lets call it 20 - 5 so 15 pounds heaier for all the tech....

so 70 minus 15 is 55 pounds lighter no?
ok what am i missing here.....
Did they stick some spent uranium in there somewhere?

they did mention it was weight fully loaded, fuel and oil (most manufactures spec a dry weight and ducati even leaves out the battery for theirs..bastards) so....anyone wanna guess what going on here?

I think saying you are saving 50 pounds on the frame is way too high. The motor of the VMax is what weighs so much, and now with all the new electronics, sensors and 240 tire, it adds on the weight.

I think saying you are saving 50 pounds on the frame is way too high. The motor of the VMax is what weighs so much, and now with all the new electronics, sensors and 240 tire, it adds on the weight.
Where did the 240 come from its got a 200! 240 thats wishful thinking!! lol

:eusa_dance:I think most of you bitching about 18,000 is because your all scared and dont know how your going to write a check and explain to your wives why you need an 18,000 motorcycle. :rofl_200:

Not here. My wife was shocked and a little bummed that I haven't ordered it yet. She is glad to see something she can ride on the back of. My other two bikes are strictly solo.

have you ever held a wire harness and sensors in your hand? dude..come on....what the deal here....there are tons on weight savings designed in...why does it equal nothing? engines dont get heavier they get lighter with redesigns.... the only significant thing is frame.... but whatever...someone attempt what i did and end up with weight like they are reporting....?

i have a spare 240 pound vmax engine and a frame......are you telling me this new motor and the aluminum frame logically should weight more?

Nobody [B said:
Half the guys bitching about the price don't have a pot to piss in, just want to complain about it.[/b]

he didnt say it very nicely no....but there is a problem here from a historical perspective.....i saw this happen in the corvette hobby too.... there was a group of people who bought older vettes and as the newer 80 thousand dollar ones came out, they couldnt keep up.....

the new vettes attracted a whole new demographic...and there was a bit of grumbling between the two groups....still is today....except that really old vintage vets are now owned by the new affluent group too....

I have a HUGE WOODY RIGHT NOW!

I'm am going to have a frigin Brain MELT Down deciding on weather to get one or not.
I can run out and cash in a couple of IRA CD's and raise half, finance the rest.
Or wait 2 years after my truck and 06 Max are paid for. Then go back in debt again!
Decisions decisions!!!! :confused2:

EXACTLY!!! $18k is a fair price. this is a nice bike and what vmax fan would not want this machine! Im not buying one, but i understand if some of you guys leaving deposits at dealerships. enjoy the wait, but will probably be worth it. save your money for billet & chrome accessories, the vmax will need some dress up.

have you ever held a wire harness and sensors in your hand? dude..come on....what the deal here....there are tons on weight savings designed in...why does it equal nothing? engines dont get heavier they get lighter with redesigns.... the only significant thing is frame.... but whatever...someone attempt what i did and end up with weight like they are reporting....?

My point was that I don't believe there is a 50 lb difference between the frames. that sounds too high. Weigh the frame you have, I'm interested in the weight of it. Also the motor is redesigned, but also bigger and more bolt on items like the variable length intake. Individually they don't weigh much, but the more you put on, the higher the weight gain.

Back