Ohm is where the 'art is.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
I'm fitting a 5 volt LED for the fuel warning lamp which reqires a resistor to work with 12 volts.
This has been fitted in series with the LED.

My question is do I also need to fit an additional resistor to 'mimic' the original bulb and if so, in series or parallel to the LED?

:ummm:

TIA

I'm fitting a 5 volt LED for the fuel warning lamp which reqires a resistor to work with 12 volts.
This has been fitted in series with the LED.

My question is do I also need to fit an additional resistor to 'mimic' the original bulb and if so, in series or parallel to the LED?

:ummm:

TIA

Why complicate your life get a 12 volt LED, I find these LEDs very useful as indicator lights, I installed two amber for turn signals Rt & Lt, a red for fuel & fan switch, they are bright, small & weather proof.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330587132845

Ibrahim - appreciate your efforts.

I've already made the housing to accommodate oil pressure & water temp. gauges and have the LED wired it up to work with 12v.

The final piece of the jig- saw is guidance as to if I need to add an additional resistor to compensate for the bulb.

Why so big? Why not??

Back