Oil in my airbox!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65fury

Reaction score
so i pulled my airbox lid to do some looking and testing.... and WTF!!!! oil in my airbox?? why??? i mean there was a good amount too probalby a 1/16th of an inch layered over the bottom. Also noticed my slides had an oily kinda film on them when i pulled them... what causes oil to get sucked into my intake from the breather hose?

jason

I thought you'd be on the road by now. Did you check your oil level? I was thinking maybe you ran a little gas past your rings and raised your oil level to high. Just a thought.

I thought you'd be on the road by now. Did you check your oil level? I was thinking maybe you ran a little gas past your rings and raised your oil level to high. Just a thought.

I wish i was on the road but my mids still wont clean up, checked the oil level its right at the top of the sight glass, but i dont think i got any gas past the rings. I even drilled the PAJ2 out just a hair more and im still fighting the mids to run smooth. jus tried shimming my airbox lid about a 1/4 inch and that did nothing but kill my top end.

jason

Some oil at the bottom of the airbox is normal.

As the oil mist is forced up the breather tube some will condense until the airbox has become warm enough to keep it in its gaseous state, when it will be sucked into the intake.

Excessive oil can be caused by:
1)Frequent short running of the engine where it doesn't get up to full operating temperature thus oil keeps condensing rather than be ingested back through the inlet.

2)Over filling.

3)Excessive piston ring blow by causing high crankcase pressure which pushes more oil vapour through the breather. You would need to do a cylinder leakage test to confirm if this was the case.

oil to the top of the site glass, is that with bike on side stand or center stand??? might be a little high, have someone hold the bike straight as if riding and take a look if you dont have a center stand.

Well i checked the oil by holding the bike center with my hand and then looked at the site glass and oil was right at the top.

The over revving is a possiblity:damn angry: while tuning and testing and having to skip 2nd gear which is not existent ive missed a few times.

Havent done a leak down test yet, maybe i should

Jason

:punk: Hey, Just a little too much oil I think but no big problem. Oil in the air box is normal. Oil in the water is not good. Ride it and put less oil in at the next service. Good Luck, Spurs

okay cool, whew that worried me im having enough issues with it running right already i dont need another problem. Thanks

jason

Back