Oil light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorhead

Reaction score
So, Here's another question.
Took the bike out the other day and when i hit 7k rpm oil light came on. It went off immediately when i let off the throttle which i did as soon as i saw it come on. does it do this normally at or over 7k or is this a sign of oil pump on its way out. It has never done this before or at lower rpm's. oil level is correct and alway wait till bike is in the normal operating temp.
Any thought would be appreciated????/

this is normal , they all do it , under very hard acceleration the oil goes to the back of oil pan , so the oil pick up cavatates for a second , turning on the light , don't worry about it ! If you go into the search section of this forum , you will see that all of our bikes do it !

heard some guys adding in a little more oil so light wont be so reactive on those normal departures from the light.

Thanks again all. That helps to put my mind at ease. I had a kawasaki mean streak that was always having issues so i guess I'm just looking for something to be wrong. Glad to hear this is not an issue I have to fix. Its a whole lot more fun to ride than to fix.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back