Old & New, Side by Side, Nose to Nose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
Here is my 1st Gen. 93 max posed with the 2nd Gen. 09 max at Sturgis SD this year in August. Sorry for the photo quality. Yamaha wouldn't let me put my 93 under the tent with the 09. :ummm: Sun was low!

Last photo is of my 93 & 85 that I had to sell to get some $ together for the 09 purchase.:bang head:

Attachments

• Misc to file112.jpg
    Misc to file112.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Misc to file110.jpg
    Misc to file110.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Misc to file111.jpg
    Misc to file111.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 113
  • P1010153-1.jpg
    P1010153-1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Misc to file109.jpg
    Misc to file109.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Misc to file007.jpg
    Misc to file007.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 139
I had a 84 V-65 magna before my 85 vmax. It was a quick bike too but could never make pipes sound worth a damn. They also tend to have some cronic camshaft wear problems due to poor top end oiling and lifter design. One cam lobe opens two valves! Look for one with low miles.

That makes me wonder what happened to mine. Something broke so bad that when I went to turn the engine with a ratchet at the crank, it was like it hit a dead stop, I was able to back it off, but when I reached the same point I just couldnt turn it. It seemed something more serious. Maybe a valve broke in half..

That makes me wonder what happened to mine. Something broke so bad that when I went to turn the engine with a ratchet at the crank, it was like it hit a dead stop, I was able to back it off, but when I reached the same point I just couldnt turn it. It seemed something more serious. Maybe a valve broke in half..

I had a V45 and 3 V65's

All the V65's had camshaft wear issues.....

There is a cure for it but I don't know about it till the last one I had,

alittle hijaking but oh well.
Rusty, Are you gonna go see the new max at the motorcycle show this weekend?

Latest posts

Back