On Any Sunday. CMMG's Revolutionary New AR-15, 22 Conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Note: I have 1 of only 2, final pre release units out for testing... My counterpart in Indiana, Dave North :rofl_200: has the other.

This may seem strange to some. A 22 conversion with a chamber adapter that has a brass, chamber locking device. Actually, I think this is a great idea for those who are going to shoot 22's in a standard AR-15 Barrel. It eliminates forward and rearward movement of the conversion when the conversion bolt assembly is installed. (Note, This conversion bolt requires the use of a CMMG Bolt Hold Open Assembly. I'll explain later in this post.)
It will insure that the chamber adapter stays rock solid and in place, shot after shot and insure that you can get the absolute best accuracy possible, time after time. There won't be any Twang when you pull the trigger, caused by a conversion that doesn't fit your upper and lower perfectly. The Twang is caused when the buffer and spring are compensating for a loose fitting conversion. And an added benifit of this conversion bolt, it won't just fall out when handling the upper separate from the lower.. I've fired nearly every conversion bolt that's made and this one really impresses me more than anything I've ever used.

I had some time to really play around with this setup today. There's a little bit of a learning curve with this unit. I took a series of photos that'll hopefully simplify the process for myself and others. My kit appeared the be new except for whatever was fired as a test at the CMMG Factory. The unit felt a little tight when I was assembling it in the rifle. This is very good, because when the parts get accustomed to each other, it will be a perfect fit that will insure accuracy and function....

The 1st picture shows all the associated parts, both for the AR-15 and for this conversion unit.

2nd picture shows the position of " The Key" to align the conversion with the barrel for installation of the conversion bolt.

3rd Picture gives the position of the key to lock the conversion into the barrel. This is very much the same as the centerfire bolt locks in...

4th picture shows the CMMG Bolt Hold Open in place, as it would be when the upper is closed on the lower.. This positively locks the conversion in place as it captivates the "Key". The bolt hold open must be installed in the lower and then closed to accomplish this.. The picture is only
to show how it fits together.

5th picture. shows that the upper and lower are aligned and being closed.

The last shot shows the rifle assembled as a 22, ready to go....

I didn't get to do an awful lot of actual testing today. I want to give the unit some time to settle in place before posting anything dealing with actual accuracy. Once this is accomplished, It looks very promising, especially with the 1:12" twist barrel that I'm using and various target ammo that I will try in it... Other twist rate barrels should act similarly when coupled with the right 22 ammo...
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile_big.gif

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

I live in NY.....

That looks like fun.....

So it must be illegal:damn angry:

You can always move to the United States kaboom.....:rofl_200:

You'd get stuck with 10 round mags atleast....:sad2:

You can always move to the United States kaboom.....:rofl_200:

You'd get stuck with 10 round mags atleast....:sad2:

Yup 10 round mags.....

That's there law. .....not mine......:biglaugh:

We'd love to have you here, just be sure of the state laws if you do come... Montana and a few western states are safe bets, others are following to insure our freedoms....:biglaugh:

Dave ,

Sorry to bust the thread with this one ; ? on a Thompson Pro Hunter SS w/ Monarch 3 x 9 x 50 scope . $ ?

:ummm:

Attachments

• DSC02062.jpg
    DSC02062.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10
That looks really nice. Do a search on the name, caliber and description you gave me. Try to find something similar on Gun Broker or other auction site. I would help but will be gone most of the day. My Mother is Dying from a Stroke, No Hope because it's a bleeder. At the hospital and taking care of business for my Her...

Good Luck,
Dave

Back