Only running on 3 cylinders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Man, you tease....you said that you had spark. ;-)

Go to any powersports shop and ask for copper core spark plug wire by the foot. Get new NGK spark plug boots too. I think I bought 3 feet of wire and four new boots for under $20.

Yeah I know, right. I think when I took the plug and lifted the wire to test for spark it must have gave me just enough of a contact to make a spark. Them when I put the plug back in it must have pulled the wire away form the coil. The wire is pretty short, no room for play at all. Intermittent problems suck, anyway I hope I'm good now. Thanks for the tip on spark plug wires.

J

You are going to believe this. I got new plug wires. Now the bike only fires on 2 cylinders and one of them is the one that wasn't firing before. I guess I'm going to have to take the carbs apart. I wonder if my plugs could be bad, I cleaned them and checked them for spark, but still only the right side cylinders fire.
Is there a carb rebuild kit you can purchase?

J

You are going to believe this. I got new plug wires. Now the bike only fires on 2 cylinders and one of them is the one that wasn't firing before. I guess I'm going to have to take the carbs apart. I wonder if my plugs could be bad, I cleaned them and checked them for spark, but still only the right side cylinders fire.

J

bad coil maybe?

J

If your not getting spark, why would you check the carbs? :ummm:

Stick with troubleshooting the spark issue before you start tarring apart your carbs and create more problems into the mix.
Just my two cents... :confused2:

I am getting spark on all four cylinders, but it's only firing on the right 2. Last week it wasn't firing on one of the right ones, but it was on the other 3. Problem seems to bouncing around to different cylinders.

Back