opportunity of building a new custom swingarm.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a guy here in Greece which i am talking for some days now who is willing to build me a custom swing arm for my bike. he is a genius with this kind of stuff. cause i am hooligan driver and i like cornering i am thinking of keeping my rear wheel and make the swingarm to fit 200 tyre. he can do magic believe me. here is a video making a single sided swing arm for a Harley softail in 3 days lol. i am so very happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rW95sGnNUk&feature=share

WOW!!! Impressive! I say, go for it, and keep us posted. If you could do it, it would be EXTREMELY epic if you managed to get it made single sided. What size wheel you running?

Thinner wheels are better at turn in and flicking back and forth, that's why GP bikes don't run huge 300+ tires even though they are in the 250+ rwhp range. That said a 200 will only feel slower and require a little more work then it will actually hamper performance. I don't think many people are actively aware of it, they are just thinking "I got a 200 so I'm putting down more power!"

On the flip side, 200 looks really good outback. Custom swing arm looks better. I'd make the go/no go call on that braced on weight vs stiffness.

Back