Original exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
I have an 03 with cobra exhaust. I love the look and sound, but I am thinking about going back to original, or supertrapps. Anyone have either that they would consider letting go of? The cobras are slipons so all that is required is the exhaust itself.

Go back to stock or Trapps and you'll instantly gain about 15hp as well. Cobras totally kill power.

My vote would be to pick up a set of supertrapps...they're widely available, are a snap to install, and sound great. I believe Sean sells them, or I know Dennis Kirk stocks them as well. They're also far lighter than the stock muffler.

Considering the cheapest stock mufflers are going for ~$150 on ebay(all the way up to the crack smokers asking $900+) you might as well ante up a bit and get the lighter, cooler trapps. I think I got like $120 for my stock muffler a couple years ago.

Go back to stock or Trapps and you'll instantly gain about 15hp as well. Cobras totally kill power.

My vote would be to pick up a set of supertrapps...they're widely available, are a snap to install, and sound great. I believe Sean sells them, or I know Dennis Kirk stocks them as well. They're also far lighter than the stock muffler.

Considering the cheapest stock mufflers are going for ~$150 on ebay(all the way up to the crack smokers asking $900+) you might as well ante up a bit and get the lighter, cooler trapps. I think I got like $120 for my stock muffler a couple years ago.

Didn't know that the Cobras robbed power. I bought the bike that way. Thanks..

I believe the general consensus is that they have too little backpressure and that causes the power loss. There was a report on here of a stock bike that "ran fine" with Cobras and it only made hp in the low 90's (stock should be ~112).

I have black and also chrome OEM muffler sets on hand. Would probably not be interested in your Cobra trades - sorry. We do sell the Kerker and Supertrapp brands (along with some others) but even the trapps are on back order (if you are in a hurry).

I have black and also chrome OEM muffler sets on hand. Would probably not be interested in your Cobra trades - sorry. We do sell the Kerker and Supertrapp brands (along with some others) but even the trapps are on back order (if you are in a hurry).

No rush. I like the look of the Cobras, just not the power loss. I bought the bike with them already installed. I may not do it till winter.

Latest posts

Back