Outrage on Internet after teen who fled fatal crash posts smiling pic with wrecked

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
SARASOTA, FLA. (WSVN) – Florida Highway Patrol officials are investigating after a teenager involved in a fatal crash was seen smiling in a photo that was taken in front of a wrecked vehicle he was riding in, according to WFTS.

The photo surfaced on the Internet three days after the crash. It shows the passenger of the car smiling holding up fours on both fingers with the caption "RIP Volvo." The caption also has a smiley face emoji, a tear drop above it’s eye emoji along with a semi truck emoji.

“I am angry cause, meanwhile, they are posting pictures on social media thinking it's funny, my husband what was left of him, is being cremated," Elsie Nieves-Drewelus told WFTS.

Her husband, Robert Drewelus, was killed in a crash while driving on I-75 in Sarasota. FHP officials said Drewelus slammed into the back of the Volvo that the teens were riding in. The truck was carrying 8,500 gallons of gasoline when it went off road and caught fire.

The driver, whose name was not released because he is a minor, is facing charges for leaving the scene of a crash involving death and violating his learners permit.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...-who-fled-fatal-crash-posts-smiling-pic-with/

Re: Outrage on Internet after teen who fled fatal crash posts smiling pic with wrecke

This pisses me off. What kind of parents raise an Assh*le like this? This is the future of this country?

Re: Outrage on Internet after teen who fled fatal crash posts smiling pic with wrecke

I was watching the show "Sin city ER". One of the reenactments had an 18 yr old kid that lost control of his car and ran into a Restaurant. The car landed on a lady and hit several others. The driver tried to run. A by stander chased him down. Where did responsibility for your actions go ???

This pisses me off. What kind of parents raise an Assh*le like this? This is the future of this country?

Not exclusively the fault of the parents, Eric.
"Social media" has determined the actions of many, including the majority of young people. Most want to be known, be liked, most of all get their "15 minutes of fame"
Privacy and most perceptions of social correctness have vanished (this is where the parents have failed).
Another example of this behavior is the active thread regarding the sport biker, being harassed by the cage driver.
The rider was not content to save his video for the police, possibly as proof of the driver's intent to maim or kill.
No, he had to upload it to "social media", most likely to be a hero in his social media friend's eyes - the majority of whom he hasn't even met personally.
He most likely never considered that the video most likely will be used against him, as proof of his reckless riding.
Just my opinion. Cheers!

Not exclusively the fault of the parents, Eric.
"Social media" has determined the actions of many, including the majority of young people. Most want to be known, be liked, most of all get their "15 minutes of fame"
Privacy and most perceptions of social correctness have vanished (this is where the parents have failed).
Another example of this behavior is the active thread regarding the sport biker, being harassed by the cage driver.
The rider was not content to save his video for the police, possibly as proof of the driver's intent to maim or kill.
No, he had to upload it to "social media", most likely to be a hero in his social media friend's eyes - the majority of whom he hasn't even met personally.
He most likely never considered that the video most likely will be used against him, as proof of his reckless riding.
Just my opinion. Cheers!

Yep. Your right on quite few points.....its just disappointing....you know?

The good part of that is careless facebook postings have helped many hang themselves after committing crimes against people/property. There are countless stories of people busted this way that would have gotten away clean otherwise.

One of my fellow nurses posted a party pic of herself taking a bongrip in CO on vacation. She said nothing to anyone but was tested and terminated a week later. While I was in the office trying to unwind her termination I was enlightened to the fact that the DON regularly views employees facebook pages and has even denied some applicants based soley on Facebook conduct. What makes anyone think that investigators dont regularly access Facebook?

For every punk kid like the one in this story there must be a hundred others that would have done the right thing, at least after the accident. People are mostly good but there is always one like this one.

People are mostly good but there is always one like this one.

I like to think that too. I sometimes wonder if the # of fucked up people have increased or, our has just our awareness of them have increased? Some people can't take a shit without making others aware of it.

I like to that that too. I sometimes wonder if the # of fucked up people have increased or, our has just our awareness of them have increased? Some people can't take a shit without making others aware of it.

Times are changing and not for the better, but thats not a new trend unfortunately. Just now with Internet and tabloid news pushing the worst of humanity down our throats it seems worse than it really is, IMHO.

Back