Owner of starvmax.com

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check out the size of the muffler/catalytic convertor in the motorcycle daily pic
082208middle2.jpg

can you say weight savings?:ummm:

I can't get very excited about that headlight, but the rest of the machine is totally awsome. :clapping:

The way they can lay down rubber just about anytime they want to..........Whew!! Talking monster torque here!! :worthy:

At least you'll be able to ride yours right away being you're in Florida, by the time I get mine I'll have to wait until the snow melts!!:damn angry:

just have it shipped to Calif. I will break it in for you,by the time you can start ridding in June it will be good to go. :eusa_dance:

Who is this Oliver guy anyway???
Seems he does nothing but worship the 09. So I say he is definitely biased.
I logged into the Star VMax site to check it out. But it seems most of it is all about the 09. Seems they could care less for the Original.

Well the starvmax site is dedicated to the 2nd gen, Star Vmax, the original is a Yamaha Vmax, well up until the last year or two anyway. That's what I figure anyway, I doubt there would be much talk about the original being it's named for the Star Max and that would be its focus.

Who is this Oliver guy anyway???
Seems he does nothing but worship the 09. So I say he is definitely biased.
I logged into the Star VMax site to check it out. But it seems most of it is all about the 09. Seems they could care less for the Original.

According to all the other reviews out their, if anything, Oliver "downplayed" the new Max! This bike will be the 2009 bike of the year for all the major mags. All the online reviewers don't have enough superlatives to describe it. I for one am really stoked, can't wait! :punk:

When it gets into the hands of someone other than a media type or Yamaha shill I will believe it. Hope it meets up with everyones expectations.

Yamaha sets up all these media type for a ride. Treats them real nice, gives them the previlege to be the first to ride the all new Vmax, gives them the royal treatment all around.
What do you think these guys are going to write? So far I have not read any counter critique except how great this bike is.

It's all good, it's all bike, it's all powerful, it sounds like it should be
"Bike of the Century."

Is the bike really that good or that no one has the balls to go counter against Yamaha in fear of losing it's good graces with the company. I think the writers have a personal agenda and interest in mind.

When everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.

Yamaha sets up all these media type for a ride. Treats them real nice, gives them the previlege to be the first to ride the all new Vmax, gives them the royal treatment all around.
What do you think these guys are going to write? So far I have not read any counter critique except how great this bike is.

It's all good, it's all bike, it's all powerful, it sounds like it should be
"Bike of the Century."

Is the bike really that good or that no one has the balls to go counter against Yamaha in fear of losing it's good graces with the company. I think the writers have a personal agenda and interest in mind.

When everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.

I don't think so for mags such as Rider, Cycle World and especially Motorcycle Consumer News. I've ridden for 45 years and I have always found these publications fairly unbiased. Of course the clincher will be Motorcycle Consumer News which is totally subscription supported and has NO agenda at all!

One thing we'll never know is just exactly how the bikes that were tested were set up. Stock mechanically? How about the ECUs? How were they programmed? It wouldn't be hard for Yamaha to play hanky panky with them, removing some of the restrictions that might be placed in them when they hit the showrooms. Heck, I probably would if I were them.

When someone on this forum buys one and conducts their own tests, then consider me a true believer.

you never know. Most those mags didn't give the old style Vmax a good rider review when they rode them. I was almost certain I was going to wreck everytime I hit a corner in my 06 from what the mags said. Turns out it handles and brakes pretty well.

you never know. Most those mags didn't give the old style Vmax a good rider review when they rode them. I was almost certain I was going to wreck everytime I hit a corner in my 06 from what the mags said. Turns out it handles and brakes pretty well.

No kidding. I poured over this forum and the VMOA site, and was convinced the Max was the biggest rolling turd on the planet...for a while. Then I realized that, on these forums, it's rare for anyone to post unless it's because of a tech problem. Far fewer riding discussion on the VMax sites than on other sites I visit. Therefore, I bought one, anyway.

Grumpy old farts, all of you.

No kidding. I poured over this forum and the VMOA site, and was convinced the Max was the biggest rolling turd on the planet...for a while. Then I realized that, on these forums, it's rare for anyone to post unless it's because of a tech problem. Far fewer riding discussion on the VMax sites than on other sites I visit. Therefore, I bought one, anyway.

Nah, the difference with the Vmax is that when you ride it you don't have to tell other Vmax riders how awesome it was because it always is so very awesome! This forum is just here to make sure that everytime you do ride the Vmax it is a religious experiance.:worthy:
However, when a rider is somehow:ummm: disappointed in his Vmax for some unfounded reasons:shot:, then sells it to buy another bike, say a B-King, they often hang around here hoping a careless Vmax rider will devulge their riding experiances.:drool: If one were to reveal their ride experiance it would show weakness. But alas, we are not weak because live by the code. :punk:
Sorry we can't tell you the code now since you gave up too soon. :no no no:
Ride in peace brother Jayhawk!:hippy biker:
AMEN! :eusa_pray:

:biglaugh: Don't forget next month is "BLONDES, BLONDES, BLONDES" month!

boy you got that right..lol

Back