pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$35 a set on the Busa calipers. I should have a pair on hand (can't remember if they are HH but it's what I run on mine which work well). Jim, I don't stock them but should have no problem getting in a set! Not sure on the price but I think you'd find I am fair (maybe not the absolute cheapest).

Sean
Thanks Sean, I will send you a email to order and add to the stuff I already have coming.

Definately agree on the EBC HH pads, they do make a tremendous difference.

Just to add (another 2 cents) to the HH sintered pads ...

On my rocket/sidecar set up I took the total weight from around 800 lbs stock to about 1300 to 1400 lbs depending on what I've got in the hack.

Anyway, I had so much weight that I boiled the brakefluid on the front, almost destroying all front braking capacity and then on the rear, I ripped the rear pads from **BOTH** of the backing plates! To make things fun, this was on the same 800 mile long distance trek. I was using the stock EBC pads.

It seems that riding the brakes long and hard (joking aside) heated them up like crazy and was the source of my issues.

Anyway, what finally got me sorted was HH sintered pads all the way around and hi-temp racing fluid. Now I can bring the overweight beast to a stop in very short order. And now I don't have to ride them with full force to stop the rig, so the system doesn't get nearly as hot, and I don't risk life and limb driving the thing.

So I'm a life long fan.

I had EBC H H's, put in Galfer Greens and love my brakes again. They are kind to your rotors, just leave some dust on the rims.

just got the ebc hh's in the mail today and installed them.
i haven't tried them at high speed yet, but for around the neighborhood they are a LOT better than the funky old ones that were on it . (oem)?

thanks Sean, and everyone else that responded. :punk:

Back